• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hierarchical menu

davidd

Hi all,

I think I asked this in the wrong forum/thread awhile back, so I thought I would "re-ask" it here. I apologize if this is a common question. I am thinking that I would like to have a cascading / hierarchical horizontal menubar for my personal website. The ones I've seen, like at dynamic drive would work, except when javascript is turned off, they don't show up at all. I've noticed, like with the one at Microsoft.com, in non-ie browsers it will look the same, but behave as a regular link.

I remember seeing one like this somewhere before, but can't seem to find it. I would greatly appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

I've looked at http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/hiermenus/ but they are asking for $29.95 for a liscence (someone correct me if I'm wrong), which I would rather avoid if possible.

Thank you,
David

I've never used any of the menu scripts at Dynamic Drive, but I'd imagine you could just use a <noscript> tag and provide a JavaScript-less alternative.

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="jsmenu.js">
<noscript>
Non-JS Menu
</noscript>

Back