• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

horrible support ticket times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper28

Netrack Servers i used for a server, there support used to be good but its been 2 1/2 days to get a response for a problem i'm having with nameservers.

how long is normal for support ticket responses. ??

how long is normal for support ticket responses. ??

Well, dedicated I would say within 24 hours. but it depends on the company. Check their SLA on tickets.

Being honest, dedicated or not, anything over 24 hours and I would be saying good luck. 24 hours is just about long enough to be waiting on a response.

A dedicated host should have staff available 24/7 so you should be expecting an initial "We are working on it" response within an hour max in my opinion. Outages should then be handled immediatly and anything else I think a 6 hour resolve is reasonable?

Its frustrating. my nameservers still don't work

a rep replied to my ticket but to say the NS do respond to ping, but i can't use them at all. i got a server i can't use other then a playtoy atm.

thank god i'm patient.

A dedicated host should have staff available 24/7 so you should be expecting an initial "We are working on it" response within an hour max in my opinion. Outages should then be handled immediatly and anything else I think a 6 hour resolve is reasonable?

Even with an un-managed provider?

Do you have a managed dedicated server with them? If it is then I agree that 24 hours should be the standard but if it is unmanaged...then really you have nothing to complain about. Unmanaged means exactly that - no one is there to manage it for you.

I don't think Netrack Servers has managed servers.
I had to hire on a server management company to help me abit with it.

I don't think Netrack Servers has managed servers.
I had to hire on a server management company to help me abit with it.

Then depending on the nature of the issue they may or may not even need to assist you at all. And unless they had messed up your nameservers, which I doubt, then the response time is probably normal.

Even if its unmanaged, they should still respond to you letting you know that they can't assist you (if that is the case). Having to wait over 48 hours is quite a long while (unless they state they absolutely don't offer any support or monitor their tickets). Why didn't you request support from your server management company instead?

Hey,

I absolutely hate the providers with slow response times, Limestone took just over 24 hrs to respond to one of my tickets once. Complete NIGHTMARE!

Hey,

I absolutely hate the providers with slow response times, Limestone took just over 24 hrs to respond to one of my tickets once. Complete NIGHTMARE!

Atleast you don't got a server that u couldn't use for nearly 2 weeks due to continuing issues.

Atleast you don't got a server that u couldn't use for nearly 2 weeks due to continuing issues.

Okay, well if the server was completely inaccessible by you or your admins then the company from which you were buying from should have assisted you in a timely manner.

Okay, well if the server was completely inaccessible by you or your admins then the company from which you were buying from should have assisted you in a timely manner.

i can assess the server fine by web and SSH its just that thres a nameserver problem

the domains i use with the nameservers i created resolve to nowhere causing my domains just to show a page load error

one nameserver seems to work while the other is non existant

That's just an resolve issue. A Google could have helped you there if you was desperate. ;)

Oh really.

would the holly google tell me why my second nameserver doesn't work on a Centos 5 server with WHM/Cpanel when the first one does work off and on ?

Oh really.

would the holly google tell me why my second nameserver doesn't work on a Centos 5 server with WHM/Cpanel when the first one does work off and on ?

Waited 1 1/2 days for them to ask if port 53 (TCP and UDP) is open
i'm using APF

Any hosting support should be relitivly quick IMO.
IMO 18 - 24hrs should be about the max to allow for timezone differences and other people sleeping/off peak times.

Even if its a 1 man show, you should be abel to answer your emails AT LEAST once a day.
I have no problem if say 1 ticket doesnt get answered in that time, but if it happens often, id be changing company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back