• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host for Translated Manga Scanlations | 1GB Disk Space - 3 GB Bandwidth

Oloty

Title basically says it all.

Pref.:
cPanel (Not a must but would be nice =3 )
Min. 1GB Disk Space
Min. 3 GB Bandwidth
Ability to Host Translated Manga Scanlations
Not Planning to Shutdown
Willing to do Linkbacks and P2H but no Banner Ads

Have fun fighting! =3

I will offer you 1 GB webspace an 10GB bandwidth in return of 10 posts/month at our forum with cPanel and 10x all of its features and there won't be any ads what so ever from the host side. You are allowed to put your own ads though.

PM me if interested

Last edited:
Thank you for the quick response! Sent PM but I'll look into other offers as well! =3

Edit: Going with Alliance Hot! =3

Last edited:
Since well, I am a fan of Manga, and Finally Translated Scans, I could offer you some space. Although, We use Kloxo, which is the only down fall, But to compensate, We offer free full managed support. How ever we might be switching to Cpanel soon. It woulda been nicer if you were requesting paid hosting, then I could have offered a special price.

Would these Manga Scanlations be copyright violations?

If you were selling them probably. But i think changing the text would claim it as "your" version. I've seen people do it for years, they didn't go out of business yet. Heck, I used to do it.

Edit: How ever Censorship may apply, Some maybe too graphic and need a "warning" sign before, to decrease risks of being sued.

also note: may have copyrighted violations. musts: permission. host that allows. thats it.

Last edited:
Even though we only offer 250 megs of space at http://www.l4rge.com, for you i would be willing to make an exception.

We don't place any sort of advertising on your website and don't require you participate on our forums.

If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot a PM my way.

Edit : Just read that there might be copyright issues, I'm afraid we take DMCA requests very seriously. So, if we get a notice, we would request you to take down the offending material.

While traditionally scanlated manga is considered exempt from copyright because it represents third party efforts to make the content available to audiences that would not normally have access to it, lately the publishers have sought to change this policy.

A site called OneManga made fairly big news in that whole community because they were forced to comply with publisher demands and remove most//all of the scanlated manga that infringed on their copyright claims, it is very likely that other publishers and manga reading sites will follow suit.

Likely anyone outside of the US could safely host these though, as they are not a particularly hazardous material but may generate a copyright infringement notice or two if a publisher decides not to allow fan-translated material to be available on the internet.

I can match the requirements for space and bandwidth consumption, however my plans include banner ads. They aren't forced though, instead of the server forcing them into the layout I instead send the code to the site owner so they can display them where they like- such as integrated into a layout.

If the OP is okay with that I will make an offer, otherwise I'll just leave it as-is with my comments since I am somewhat involved with a few Anime/Manga communities.

Back