• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how can i remove / bypass a bios password?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkeyes

i have this computer sitting at home .. which hasnt been turned on for 1.5 yrs (it was my dads clinics computer) and nobody remembers the password. the company that provided the machine is out of service.. so i was wondering can anyone help me with it?

its a hitachi visiondesk 2640.. it asks for a password during power ups .. i've tried to open the case to remove the battery but the case is very hard to open and the monitors screen was almost falling off .. so i gave up. i have also tried the generic passwords it didnt work.. can anyone tell me any other options without having to remove the case?

I'd probably just try harder with the case.

Removing that battery is probably your best bet.

I think u must open the cabinet. On some mobo's there will be jumpers to short to disable password protection. If u have mobo manual try it otherwise try searching on net for manual.

i dont have the manual .. i have the restore cds and stuff but that aint much help .. as its screwed up from the bios.. however i will search on the net i guess see if i can find the manual there..

yes you will need to remove the case and battery if that fails then locate the jumpers, they are normally labeled on the mobo if you cannot get a manual for it

the jumpers are normally located near the battery you need to shout them with by connecting the two together. this will reset all the BIos settings. the best way to find the jumpers is the find the manual or search google for a manual just search for the board model which will be written on it

Death001 said:
the jumpers are normally located near the battery you need to shout them with by connecting the two together. this will reset all the BIos settings. the best way to find the jumpers is the find the manual or search google for a manual just search for the board model which will be written on it
Yes, but if they cannot start the pc to find out the model then how do you actually find out? He said he did not want to open the pc.

robert allen said:
Yes, but if they cannot start the pc to find out the model then how do you actually find out? He said he did not want to open the pc.

the only way tofix it is toopen the case, its not hard to do there is at most 6 screwes to undo, you need to open it to reset the BIOS or you can just not go into the BIOS

well some companys have a back door password but they only workon some boards and are changes every few models

One reported Award backdoor BIOS password is eight spaces. Other reported Award backdoor BIOS passwords include 01322222, 589589, 589721, 595595, 598598 , ALFAROME, ALLY, ALLy, aLLY, aLLy, aPAf, award, AWARD PW, AWARD SW, AWARD?SW, AWARD_PW, AWARD_SW, AWKWARD, awkward, BIOSTAR, CONCAT, CONDO, Condo, condo, d8on, djonet, HLT, J256, J262, j262, j322, j332, J64, KDD, LKWPETER, Lkwpeter, PINT, pint, SER, SKY_FOX, SYXZ, syxz, TTPTHA, ZAAAADA, ZAAADA, ZBAAACA, and ZJAAADC.

Reported Phoenix BIOS backdoor passwords include BIOS, CMOS, phoenix, and PHOENIX.

Reported BIOS backdoor passwords for other manufacturers include:

Manufacturer BIOS Password
VOBIS & IBM merlin
Dell Dell
Biostar Biostar
Compaq Compaq
Enox xo11nE
Epox central
Freetech Posterie
IWill iwill
Jetway spooml
Packard Bell bell9
QDI QDI
Siemens SKY_FOX
SOYO SY_MB
TMC BIGO
Toshiba Toshiba

Remember that what you see listed may not be the actual backdoor BIOS password

you can also reset you BIOS passwrod from windows
Resetting the BIOS Password using Software

Every system must store the BIOS password information somewhere. If you are able to access the machine after it has been booted successfully, you may be able to view the BIOS password. You must know the memory address where the BIOS password is stored, and the format in which the BIOS password is stored. Or, you must have a program that knows these things.

You can write your own program to read the BIOS password from the CMOS memory on a PC by writing the address of the byte of CMOS memory that you wish to read in port 0x370, and then reading the contents of port 0x371.

!BIOS will recover the BIOS password for most common BIOS versions, including IBM, American Megatrends Inc, Award and Phoenix.

CmosPwd will recover the BIOS password for the following BIOS versions:

* ACER/IBM BIOS
* AMI BIOS
* AMI WinBIOS 2.5
* Award 4.5x/4.6x/6.0
* Compaq (1992)
* Compaq (New version)
* IBM (PS/2, Activa, Thinkpad)
* Packard Bell
* Phoenix 1.00.09.AC0 (1994), a486 1.03, 1.04, 1.10 A03, 4.05 rev 1.02.943, 4.06 rev 1.13.1107
* Phoenix 4 release 6 (User)
* Gateway Solo - Phoenix 4.0 release 6
* Toshiba
* Zenith AMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back