• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how do i become a registrar?

i currently own a hosting company. but i want to be able to register domains through my site. how do i do this? i know i have to register with icann but from looking through there site i cannot find how?

icann if you host a lot of sites and make a lot of money

Enom if you're not that rich after all

alternatively you can get a sub-reseller account which doesn't have any limitaions as in how much money you have to pre-pay and such

NameZoom
DotBag
OnlineNIC

he is asking about being a registrar, it cost minimum $50000 to apply with icann and you need to pay royalty to verisign for .com domain because they own that extension. if you're asking about being a reseller, check out directi.com for $6.75 domain names

With all of the sites i mentioned before you can also become resellers as well, so you can have sub-registerar or even sub-resellers. you subresellers can even have their own sub-resellers.

It's not usually free but with NameZoom you dont have to pre-pay anything. you only pay for the domains you register and they also give you the domain registeration tool from enom for free

Back