• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do I link my domain to my PC?

Lars

Hey guys,

I was wondering if I host my website on my PC with a decent broadband speed (cable 2Mbps), how do I link my domain name to my PC?

I'm using Windows XP Pro and the in-build IIS 5.
Do I need a static IP?

Thanks!

What you need is to point it to your IP address...it is too complicated actually to type here and I know too little about it. Try the website Becca mentioned

Hi guys,

My apology for this late reply. I was very busy with work. I have no firewall except the one built into Windows XP. My upstream speed is 384kbps, about 30kB/s.

I have subscribed to www.dyndns.org but it uses sub-domain, but I want to used my domain.

I can't load the website mentioned, www.dslwebserver.com :(

My ISP blocked port 80 incoming. Can I use port 88 or other ports?

Thanks!

Last edited:
he said he need to point a DOMAIN (.com .net) onto his computer. Not a subdomain or whatever. I think he has a webserver and website up. He just need a domain.

I've no idea how to do this but I use www.no-ip.com although I have my own domain. Try asking your domain-provider whether they can point the domain to www.no-ip.com or not. That would be simple and easy

Back