• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How far am I doing?

Sw0rDz

I am currently developing a template, just for practice. I am not real good with developing templates and I am too stubborn to purchase one. I can't fine a web site that provides usable images for template making and use what I can get on. This site is not yet finish and I am just doing it for practice.

http://gxnrpg.gx.funpic.org/peritech/

How am I doing so far? Any tips or hints?

Its simple, but I like it. I think it may be a little too wide though [as far as the images on top and bottom]

Its simple, but I like it. I think it may be a little too wide though [as far as the images on top and bottom]

I agree with that. I might narrow them down and add margins on each ends.

I wonder, is this design on a road that can be used or not?

Was okay - till all of a sudden a web-cam site took over, then another dating - tip - if you have a site don't have it hijacking other peoples viewing!

Are you going to do some business with hosting? In that case you shouldn't have any ads on your site, because if someone is doing serious business I think he should make his money from that, not from ads. Popup ads are anyway real annying and if they pop up so often it just makes me leave the site. There is anyway other sites like the one where I was. Images were too wide, when designing website you should test it in different resolutions and with different browsers.

Was okay - till all of a sudden a web-cam site took over, then another dating - tip - if you have a site don't have it hijacking other peoples viewing!

At first I had no idea what you are talking about, Firefox +Adblock didn't pick it up, but yes, ads on a host are a very bad idea. I am hoping/assuming you are just hosting it there for preview purposes right now, as that is very unattractive.

First of all.

First of all the ads that do pop up aren't my doing. It is currently under that free host for testing purposes because i don't know any free web host that I could otherwise use. As of now, you guys say it is usable and that means a lot because I can further develop it with out it wasting my time.

I also have updated the first page but adding an intro and my web-host plan images.

Last edited:
There is much room for improvement, especially with the dark blue clashing with the white. Also, the content (top) forces the horizontal scrollbars to show, meaning you designed this for use on monitors that use a resolution over 1024x768. I suggest using percent widths to combat that.

Back