• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how to use 2 ip on same server do i need to make anoter user?

shakyshang

i want to run 2 applications but want to use 1 ip for one of them and another ip for the other one example if i want msn ip to be 201.xxx.xxx.xx1 and skype ip 202.xxx.xxx.xx2 do i need to accounts? on same server

You need 2 IP's allocated to you, once you have then you can configure the apps and depending on what amount of control you have on your account either assign them or have support do it for you.

If you have a shared account it would involve assigning an extra 2 IP's to your account only, and they can be anywhere, but you won't get to pick and choose which ones you get :)

Chances are they would be from the same block also. You'd just have to ask your host to have two dedicated IP addresses assigned to your account. How you configure them to be used with your applications would be dependent on what platform your host is running.

i got a 5 ips from the vps i buying and i already added 1 ip to the loca area connection but wondering how to set up each ip to each application

Again depending on system/cp all you need do is to bind another 2 of the IP's to the network, once they're in you just configure the apps to use them, there will be a propagation delay in seeing them on the net so usually bind them then setup the apps the next day :)

all i wana try is run lets see example: teamspeak with diffrent ips not ports i wana assing each server its own ip is it possible will like to know how

i wana make it more easy i got root on windows 2003 i made another user account and will like the other user to have another ip from mi ip block can some one help me

Nobody mentioned ports :)

Binding is the term used when you assign an IP to a network adapter, so just add 2 more like you did the first, let application1 use only newip1 and application2 use only newip2 then if you want to have different user accounts control these edit the applications permissions to be for that user only :)

Oh! Leave the administrator account in the permissions for both of them ;)

Last edited:
in the case of Teamspeak it has a line in the server.ini to bind it to a particular IP

BoundToIP <-- add the IP you want to use here.

Discuss it with your provider and make sure they allow this, after it, ask for help. They will give the help according to their special features.

Yeah, no one knows the configuration of a certain account better than its hosting provider. This question should be asked via the support system, I believe.

Back