• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I HATE 1and1

aggiedude

Hey everyone! I just have to vent to someone who will understand what I am talking about....

So I got a new account and had to transfer their domain from 1and1.com (that alone was a hassle) but I got it done. They had two other domains that I was gonna leave live with forwarding until they expired. It took days but I got them to make it to where they will not auto-renew the domains.

Now....a few months later...I get an invoice for the two domains.
Yup, so I call up Billing. After a good 30 minute holding period I finally get this ------- of a man on the phone. I tell him about my issue and he says "Domains are not refundable" I say, "Well you guys said that I would not get auto-renewed", he said "Whats your customer ID and I will check it out". So he starts talking to himself and then goes, "Let me ask my supervisor", and then he comes back after a good 10 minutes and says "My supervisor says No" and I was like WTF?! So I fought with him for a good few minutes.

I get payed minimum wage from my boss when I am working hourly(websites are payed per project), but this is two hours of working for this $12 charge. So I am pretty pissed because I am gonna get this docked off my paycheck.

Anyway, just had to vent about this horrid hosting company. Don't worry I am an avid GoDaddy fan.

Did you not get a "renewal notice" or anything similar from them?

Sounds unfortunate..

yes i am also a godaddy fan, they seem much better. All my friends say that 1and1 s great, but i personally don't like them, even if they are cheap

They are cheap overselling bastards from my experience with them, never got a domain there though...

yes there is no way they offer those prices with those resources without overselling... im sure their servers are slow...

Keep on at them, support with those fold after a bit as they're hire'd phone answer's

Right after you register a domain, next time, be sure to go to cancel.1and1.com and cancel autorenewal. That is, if you go with them again...

I have around 30 domains with 1and1 and yes, No matter what you do to make the auto-renew disabled.. they still charge for it.

I have around 30 domains with 1and1 and yes, No matter what you do to make the auto-renew disabled.. they still charge for it.

Why would you stay with a company like that? I just register through my host, and let them deal with the dirty work.

Right after you register a domain, next time, be sure to go to cancel.1and1.com and cancel autorenewal. That is, if you go with them again...

Fireshark- I did do just that. To no avail. I have yet to receive the call from the supervisor and when I attempted to get the auto-renewal turned off I actually had one customer rep hang up on me. I can't say I wasn't a bitch about it, but how else do you get results from these people?

One interesting fact - If you call them and don't press any numbers so they can "better assist you" you will talk to someone who obviously has English as their first language. Maybe I just lucked out but thats what I figured from the results of doing so.

well dude
I think that 1and1 sucks
I think you have to fight to get your money back !!
It is there fault ... they have to live with it

Back