• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I have lost my volume controls

Calgary

I use Audiograbber to turn casette recordings into digital files. I have lost the volume controls that let me adjust the input volume.

I am running XP Home.

If I go to the Audio tab in the Audio Properties dialog box and click on any of the 3 volume buttons I get a message "Windows cannot execute SndVol32.exe,use Add/Remove Programs control panel to instal."

That may be my problem ... I have somehow lost that file.

When I try in add/remove to re-install it I cannot find SndVol32.exe anywhere.

Can anyone advise how I can replace that exe?

Thanks in anticipation.

Last edited:
Wrong forum.
Sndvol32.exe is the volume control program.
If you do propaties on c: then click cleanup, then click the more options (or something like that) tab, then click the thing that goes on about windows components.
It will be somewhere in acsessories, so click details on that, then details on entertainment?
This is just of the top of my head, could well be wrong, but i don't think it is.

Ben-Mr

Sorry for the wrong forum.

I have just registered and looked everywhere to find "how to create a new thread".

I'm sure to the old timers it's a piece of cake, but it is certainly not obvious to a nubie ... have a look at the forum from the view of a first timer!
Very obscure.

However thanks for the advice ... will do.

Cheers

Back