• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I like wasting free web-host`s staff time Blog - Read This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
I found a blog where the person who wrote it and spent a lot or "very little" amount of time ranting about a blacklist of free host`s not to use.

So in short he gone around all the host`s mentioned and wasted our time, It really pi**es me off when I see review and blogs of this type. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions,

Read the Page - http://webhostinguide.blogspot.com/ I think you will find some of the best host`s here at FWS on this list.

And the author is probably registered here on FWS.

Heres one back at you, If you disagree with free hosting so much then why dont you get paid hosting and stick with it instead of visiting all the free hosting providers and wasting their time! was you prepared to manage all those free accounts? I guess not.

Then think about the free host provider who probably manages 20-30 times that amount of accounts!

And what about tackling server abuse/account aswell and time wasters on a daily basis!

If you want reliable hosting mate then pay for it.

Last edited:
Why are you getting upset over one person's opinion?
Stonerocket, if your URL was not on that list, would you have posted this thread?

Hes not getting upset over the opinion?
Where does it even say that???
Hes mostlikley just annoyed that they wasted his time as the topic kinda states....

Hes not getting upset over the opinion?
Where does it even say that???
Hes mostlikley just annoyed that they wasted his time as the topic kinda states....

How did they waste HIS time by posting a review and naming some hosts that THEY feel are not good?
He wasted his own time by posting this thread and whining about a simple review.

1 It isnt a review its a black list
2 There is no reviewing going on.. I doubt 50 od hosts would all suspend your account for the same thing.
3 Kiwi host (The first host on the list) hasnt got any unsolved bad reviews about them

Its pretty clear to me this guy is just
A: a troll running around signing up for accounts and something small gos wrong so he probley abuses the crap out of the host. then the host suspends him.
B:hes using massive CPU intensive scripts.
Or C. Picking fights with hosts and then adding them to black lists.
But of course we will never know...
Unless the owner of the site comes here and explains it -_-

2 There is no reviewing going on.. I doubt 50 od hosts would all suspend your account for the same thing.
3 Kiwi host (The first host on the list) hasnt got any unsolved bad reviews about them

A: a troll running around signing up for accounts and something small gos wrong so he probley abuses the crap out of the host. then the host suspends him.

You are just going on presumption. The guy is entitled to write what he likes on his own website. It's called "Freedom Of Speech".
By posting threads like this is just giving him more hits.
Get over it. The list contains some hosts that he feels are not good. It's his own word.
If a host can't handle a little heat like that, then they should look elsewhere in search of a career.

You are just going on presumption. The guy is entitled to write what he likes on his own website. It's called "Freedom Of Speech".
By posting threads like this is just giving him more hits.
Get over it. The list contains some hosts that he feels are not good. It's his own word.
If a host can't handle a little heat like that, then they should look elsewhere in search of a career.

That is your presumption.
Yes he prob will get more hits.. But I didnt post it.
Yes freedom of speech and im using mine right now by saying its wrong and I disagree with what hes doing.
Not becuse he is writing revies.. Becuse he is blacklisting hosts without giving a story line review of it... He claims every host on that list will suspend you for the the same thing! Where is any "review"?
If you ever try free web hosting sites, that are given below, your site will be suspended by the owners/ admins of the below hosting companies without any warning. Otherwise they could create any Of those above mentioned problems anytime.
SO BEWARE!!!

I do agree if a host cant handle a little heat they should gtfo but I dont think stonerocket posted this for that reason
He feels that this person is just going around signing up for free hosts for the soul purpose of finding something wrong with them
and from reading the site and him not providing any in depth reviews I agree
If you pick holes in something long enough your going to end up with one! even if it is hole proof
Search the forums for a person named xdatax your see he was someone great and picking holes but never revealing any good....
http://webhostinguide.blogspot.com/2007/08/ihavefreecom.html
Thats the only review I see and its bad.......
Oh yeah ANd THE GOOD PART 2 tabs up the top that have Best free hosting and Top free hosting are Both Linked to #
How can you tell me this guy is doing any good at all? He dont even take the time to make a reilable list of hosts.. Just blacklists..
WOW so helpful.

Last edited:
Tell HIM that. I am not saying what he is doing is right or wrong. All I am saying is:

1. He is entitled to give his opinion
2. Posting threads like this sorts nothing out only giving the guy more visitors
3. It just shows that the OP is ticked off because his host is on the list.

Anyways, there are more hosts on the list but they are not posting up threads complaining about it.

I agree, this guy is a jerk!
I was thinking the same thing about how every page on his crappy site links to the same page (blacklist)

I have tried a lot of free hosts too and most of them have been very good. I have never been banned, or had my account deleted by any of them. This guy must be breaking TOS like you said earlier internalx

Thats the only review I see and its bad.......
Oh yeah ANd THE GOOD PART 2 tabs up the top that have Best free hosting and Top free hosting are Both Linked to #
How can you tell me this guy is doing any good at all? He dont even take the time to make a reilable list of hosts.. Just blacklists..
WOW so helpful.

Tell HIM that. I am not saying what he is doing is right or wrong. All I am saying is:

2. Posting threads like this sorts nothing out only giving the guy more visitors

Anyways, there are more hosts on the list but they are not posting up threads complaining about it.
Your right he is entitled to his opinion, but the opinion is damn right stupid. It raises concern. His list like stonerocket said, includes many of the decent hosts which have stayed in the free hosting market, and provided packages and results which nearly every client is happy with.

I actually remember dealing with him, he posted a post on DP about us and quoted that I was a lazy admin, saying I left other staff members to deal with everything else. Like Dan said, he's entitled to his opinion but the fact is he's false, and he lies. We suspended him because he was hosting a free subdomain service. Like co.nr infact. Then he said it was fine and we didn't have the right to suspend his account. We pointed out the line in or TOU and he left, threatening my colleagues and me. So, yeah...

EDIT: Thanks for the comments BTW :)

Last edited:

Yes point taken.. I agree with them things...:cool2:
I Just see where stonerocket is comming from too ;)
And yeah I would go and tell him that.. But I doubt It would solve anything.. :\

I agree, this guy is a jerk!
I was thinking the same thing about how every page on his crappy site links to the same page (blacklist)

I have tried a lot of free hosts too and most of them have been very good. I have never been banned, or had my account deleted by any of them. This guy must be breaking TOS like you said earlier internalx

Alley, who's TOS is he breaking by posting a blog saying "X" host, "Y" Host and "Z" host are bad?

*Sigh* No one in this whole thread has ever said anything along those lines :|

alley was refuring to this post or one like it i cant find right now. where I said he must of been abusing hosts TOS to have the sites removed...

How ever johnny has allready answerd and confirmed the person in question was breaching TOS at the hosts blacklisted. and abusing them

Im sorry for answering for alley but your rewording is way off and needed to be cleared up..

Last edited:
Why are you getting upset over one person's opinion?
Stonerocket, if your URL was not on that list, would you have posted this thread?

Good question, probably not! "would you?" But really the intention of this thread was to catch the attention of the author to voice my opinion back.

But the fact is it still annoys when users go around and try to tarnish the names of free host`s for reasons unknown. I put a lot of time and effort to supply a free service.

I know you cannot make everyone happy, so i know the majority of the host`s do try damn hard.

Ive cooled down now since but when i read that blog last night it made me feel "is it worth it?"

I don't blame ya'

I could see if it was a list of paid hosts, but free hosts are trying to help everybody for free and should not be dissed like that.

Ive cooled down now since but when i read that blog last night it made me feel "is it worth it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back