• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I might be off air for a while!

:nervous: Doesnt look good :eek:

We never get anything like that in the UK, this might sound crazy but I would love to be there to experience what its like.

so your not comming online :-(

Them Cyclones are ALL! over the news here in Brisbane!

Oh, Craig im sending you a pm!

Last edited:
Craig said:
We never get anything like that in the UK, this might sound crazy but I would love to be there to experience what its like.
This is about the third one in six years to hover close and not a breath of wind, hopefully this one will die out before it gets here too.

I don't want a full blown cyclone here, but maybe a cat2 to give me a bit of an idea what people go through in the huge storms like Katrina and Tracey.

Craig said:

Move to Florida! I actually enjoy the experience, call me crazy. Hours before a hurricane hits, everyone is out getting gas, food, hardware supplies (wood), and other stuff. Minutes before it hits, the roads are empty. During the hurricane we are stuck watching the news channel as the reporters are blown all over the place while trying to tell us what is happening. Then the power goes out, and we wait for the backup generators to kick in, sort of like in the movie Jurassic Park.

After the storm, everyone comes out to asset the damage and start to do minor repairs (move down trees, etc) and only during those times does everyone in the neighborbood actually talk to each other and help each other!

Best part: No School or Work! W00t!

I was watching that on the weather. I hope you'll be alright Jan...

Just try to go as far inland as possible if it get's close ok?

gfun said:
Just try to go as far inland as possible if it get's close ok?
If it gets close, I will walk to the cyclone shelter that's about 200 metres away :) As I don't drive, the shelter is a better option than heading south.

Maybe I should have just flown to Tassie to attend my ex hubby's funeral tomorrow? :angel:

Well doesn't that look like fun? Hopefully it misses you.

This is another reason why I live up north. :p

Stay safe Jan. I have to agee with Robert, I live in Florida and the hurricanes are kind of fun. Of coarse I feel for the people that had their property damaged and I dont want anyone to loose their life. But that said the chaos before the storm is interesting and the weather is absolutely amazing. Two years ago I lost power during two storms for a total of ten days. But now I have a generator caple of powering my entire house, so if we get one this year the hurricane party is at my place.

Just curious, do you lot on the hurricane belt have strict building codes in place?

Yes, my dad is a contractor so I hear about them every year when they update them. From what I hear Florida and California have the toughest building codes in the nation. Florida because of the hurricanes and California because of the earthquakes.

Jan said:
Just curious, do you lot on the hurricane belt have strict building codes in place?

Very Strict! And I'm glad. Our house is built of entire concrete on the outside, it's like a prision. During the last Cat4 Hurricane, I felt very safe in our home.

I think I'd rather the occasional cyclone coming close on rare occasions than ice and snow storms every winter :p

Back