• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

I won the paypal dispute!

Buyer seems to me childish, and "i love you guys" seems like he may have done it too many times to other people and paypal noticed. I don't trust paypal, and never will, when they can listen to the honest users and read and listen to what is said, only then will they get my support.

Glad you got it figured out, but I can never trust Paypal again.

I've been using them for nearly 7 years without issue. Until the past two weeks when I decided on a new venture of selling some things on eBay. I was doing pretty well, making decent money fast. There were no negative remarks nor any disputes and people were happy with the products. Right after I hit the $5000 mark in my account (I've never been that high before), Paypal limits my access, which is just a dumb way of saying: You can still receive money, but you can't send money, you can't purchase anything, you can't withdraw any money, and you can't close your account.

So for a week or so I talked to them via email and phone and sent them all kind of documents that they said they required as proof that I actually had the items I was selling, etc. I did everything they ask and all of a sudden, I'm smacking with the dreaded "we are holding your account and all your funds for 180 days" message. Basically, I can't do anything for 180 days, and only after that amount of time, I 'may' be able to get my money out but most likely my account will always be limited. This means, I don't get the money I rightfully earned, it's now Paypal's money, I'm stuck with some high eBay fees that I now can't pay through Paypal, and I can probably never use my Paypal again.

I just can't see how a company can do this, especially to a person who's done hundreds maybe thousands of transactions over 7 years without issue. It's just wrong and illegal to me, but because they aren't a bank or CC company, I guess they can do whatever the hell they want.

Just a warning to those with Paypal accounts. I trusted them for who knows how long and used it for everything. Now it's gone and I have to figure what I'm gonna do.

Anyway, sorry off-topic a bit and much of a rant. :)

Now, now, there's got to be a motive to that. Paypal is for no good, but they aren't as low as "You have a lot of money, we will freeze your account :)".

What did you do?

Well, when my account was first limited, it was because "there's some recent activity in your account that could be potentially high risk", which 'may' be partially true, as it wasn't my normal trend over the past year, to suddenly start selling a bunch of stuff on eBay. Still, what does it matter if my normal trend changes? Do I require authorization from them or eBay just because I want to start selling again? If so, what a bunch of crap.

So then they only ever asked for 2 things after that:

1.) Proof of purchases/invoices of the products and that I actually had enough in stock to give to the buyers on eBay, all of which I provided.
2.) Explanation why I was selling products cheaper than retail price... seriously, no joke.

It was after I gave them my explanation for #2 where they told me they were holding my funds for 180 days. It's all a scam to me and I've read countless other similar stories on other websites like paypalsucks.com and whatnot.

Anyway, I was just trying to warn people to be cautious, because if it can happen to me, being a loyal user for 7 years, then it can happen to anyone. :-\

Last edited:
Yea at the moment Im pissed at paypal as they are holding on to over $50 of mine.. due to unautorized claims and paypal investigations. Grr!

RDAHOSTING: Call them. Thats what I did and it was resolved in 5min :D

LittlBUGer: Do the same. Call them up and explain your case.

RDAHOSTING: Call them. Thats what I did and it was resolved in 5min :D

LittlBUGer: Do the same. Call them up and explain your case.

That was the first thing I did! They told me there's nothing I could do, over and over again, no matter what I said. :-\

Well, no matter now. I've officially put in a complaint with the BBB and the California Attorney General, so we'll see what happens. :)

Congratulations on this! :) I won a PayPal dispute over a dedicated server once - even though it was listed as "intangible" I was able to convince them that a server was a physical thing, and so even though I was leasing it, the thing was still tangible and I had no use of it.

Back