• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Idea

FeediaCo

I wonder if I could build a php installer that you upload say a banner, select a template and auto installs the simple site with a forum already pre-loaded. The forum would probably be just phpbb or some sort. almost like a web based aio for a full site ready to go just a few clicks away. If there is something out there that is open source let me know I wish to build on it see what I can possibly do.

this would be really easy. whatever forum you are going to install, just build on to that installer, or, build you own installer where you install all the things the forum needs by default + whatever you want beyond that.

well most installs are a case of running a sql query and editing a config file, both are easily done. I could do this for about $150 if you need.

well most installs are a case of running a sql query and editing a config file, both are easily done. I could do this for about $150 if you need.

lol. Simple enough ;). You can certainly do this with PHP and it isn't that difficult. You'd use a variety of things including the mkdir() function to create directories for the forums you want to host, then you'd use the copy() function to copy the root forum (let's say your support forum) to the individual directories of the users' forums. You would then create a database in a MySQL query, and create all the tables, fields, etc., again with MySQL queries. It requires a little bit of PHP knowledge so your best bet is finding a free script or paying this person to do it for you ;).

lol. Simple enough ;). You can certainly do this with PHP and it isn't that difficult. You'd use a variety of things including the mkdir() function to create directories for the forums you want to host, then you'd use the copy() function to copy the root forum (let's say your support forum) to the individual directories of the users' forums. You would then create a database in a MySQL query, and create all the tables, fields, etc., again with MySQL queries. It requires a little bit of PHP knowledge so your best bet is finding a free script or paying this person to do it for you ;).

I get that but out of curiosity how many people that provide open source software pay money to get it made??? It's kind of redundant to have one person pay for the software and offer it for free. thats like buy windows vista ultimate for every person and have it available for download lol

Advertising. Everyone who downloads it could have a text document or a link to a website inside the RAR, they click it - the money from those people opening it, goes on the development. Same with on the website. (Same with free hosting, how many will pay for servers to give free hosting to others? Lots :p)

Back