• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Image verification for every post

Jodel

I understand its to fight spam, but some of those I just can't read. They are so blurry its impossible to tell which letter it is.

I've got the same problem with some of the captcha's. They are almost impossible to decipher at times and very annoying. Knowing it's for a good cause is partially taking the frustration out of it, but what I can't understand is that some Websites really have legible catcha's while others don't.
:)

I've been to sites where the Captcha I've had to reload 15-16 times before I could read enough and get (guess) it right.

It's good to stop bots, etc. but it has gone a bit 'modern art'

It's good to stop bots, etc. but it has gone a bit 'modern art'
Right. I think that is the point where I get quite creative with some of my swear words. Particularly when I've missed out something that I had to fill in the application page, and with the reloading of it I've got a new captcha as well .... and then again .... and then again .... yuck!
:(

I've programmed something like that for my site, but it just requires you to enter a random 5-digit number rather than a complicated captcha image.

Its also the fact of being extremely tiny on larger monitors. I mean, I can barely read it and have to zoom in a lot.

I've programmed something like that for my site, but it just requires you to enter a random 5-digit number rather than a complicated captcha image.

Only problem with that is it can be defeated, Captcha is much more secure in it's defense.

I've ended up switching the speakers on (disturbing my peace and quiet) and having it say it to me a couple of times it's been so illegible - no 'your getting old' gags thanks... :p

I guess it would probably depend on what browser your're using. I know in IE, you hold the CTRL key and use the mouse's scroll wheel to zoom in and out.
Thanks deeplist. Exactly the info I needed. While I was trying it out, I probably worked the mouse wheel too hard and it shrunk down to 10% (for one moment I thought I'd done something I could not get out off) and I then discovered a scroll down zoom menu in the bottom right hand corner of the IE Window with zoom percentages up to 400%. Now that is definitely going to be useful for use with my next captcha.
:)

Back