• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

inaccessible boot drive

jason

hi, the other day the electricity went out while i was running adaware, after starting my PC back up i got this error, inaccessible boot drive (0x000007B) (0x00blah ect.

after running chkdsk /r in the recovery panel the computer worked again. i was just wondering, should i be worried that my hard drive is going to die soon? what would cause it to do that? it had me very worried. thanks.

If it was fixed with just software, then it's likely to be a software error, hence, there's nothin to worry about I'd say .....

Don't worry just a delay write interupted and one copy of the MFT's got out of sync, happens a lot for a load of different reasons.
If that doesn't work first time try the 'fixboot' command from recovery console, if it can be sorted in that way that will at least clean the boot and let the OS 'try' and rebuild from the secondary entries.

yeah i tried fixboot and fixmbr and still had the same problem but chkdsk /r fixed it. glad to hear its most likely not a drive failure issue.

Back