• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

invision download

Invision is kinda getting old for users who want free stuff. If you do a search for 1p3p1final on google, you should find it.

2.x.x can be downloaded from http://www.invisionboard.com, but will crap out for a free version after so many users, after X days, after X posts, etc. You'd best get 1.3.1

Otherwise, if you're tired of IPB, why not get SMF @ http://www.simplemachines.org, provided if you CAN download it... (I had too many problems downloading the zip file.)

You can only Download Version 1.3.1Final, The 2.0.0 Download is discontiued... and if you distribute any of them it is Illegal........

MoRpHiNe_89 said:
You can only Download Version 1.3.1Final, The 2.0.0 Download is discontiued... and if you distribute any of them it is Illegal........

The Limited Trial I believe still counts as free... but as you said, redistrubuting is illegal of 2.x.x, but not of earlier versions.

JesseGraham said:
try Phpbb forum software,in my opinion, its the best, better them the ones you pay for....

PHPBB is quite possibly the worst board there is. It is extremely buggy; so much so that they removed the version info to make life harder for hackers. I've lost 5 communities because of phpBB, one with over 100 members. Don't do phpBB - anything but it.

I recommend : (do a google search for any of these)
  • MyBB
  • SMF
  • FlexBB (quite new, I'm on the team)
  • k4BB (lots of AJAX)
A site I used to own is www.whichbb.org - one that explores each of the BBs and gives ratings on the best. Note I am no longer in control of this site.

T.M. said:
PHPBB is quite possibly the worst board there is. It is extremely buggy; so much so that they removed the version info to make life harder for hackers. I've lost 5 communities because of phpBB, one with over 100 members. Don't do phpBB - anything but it.

I recommend : (do a google search for any of these)
  • MyBB
  • SMF
  • FlexBB (quite new, I'm on the team)
  • k4BB (lots of AJAX)
A site I used to own is www.whichbb.org - one that explores each of the BBs and gives ratings on the best. Note I am no longer in control of this site.

And if you can spare tons of money, vB would be the best paid Bulliten Board, correct? Also, TM, I believe you forgot XMB.

ppls(not webmasters) more like phpbb.
ppls(not freehosting requester. they are webmaster) dont have any interest in AJAX or WYSISWYG..
Successful community is not related to board software.
Every board has security flaws. Dont be lazy, then it will be safe.
go to securityfocus.com and check yourself how many vulnerabilities are reported to vbulletin and phpbb.

xiaojun24 said:
ppls(not webmasters) more like phpbb.
ppls(not freehosting requester. they are webmaster) dont have any interest in AJAX or WYSISWYG..
Successful community is not related to board software.
Every board has security flaws. Dont be lazy, then it will be safe.
go to securityfocus.com and check yourself how many vulnerabilities are reported to vbulletin and phpbb.

Yeah well, it depends on who the webhoster is. For example, the person who hosts me (http://www.zero-outpost.com) would take SMF/XMB over practically any other major board out there due to its features and non-buggyness. Also, vulnerabilities usually lie in the server's ability to block incoming packets through specific ports. For example, not allowing the message board to upload via port(s) 81, 80 or 8080. Instead, it would rather allow the MB to upload via Port 21.

Also, WYSIWYG is very unstable in the sense of the person who is viewing the page. Since WYSIWYG is based off of the editing program in MS Word.

I'll always like phpBB. It's simple and does what it needs to do.

The "features" on all these forums today is ridiculous. Give me back my vBull 1.x dammit. :p

Bruce said:

The "features" on all these forums today is ridiculous. Give me back my vBull 1.x dammit. :p

SMF 1.0.5 and above allow transloading of updates from the simplemachines.org server to your web account. This makes it so you don't have to edit anything. However, if you have installed modifications, you may have to re-install them afterwards using the package manager (The Package Manager also uses the same transload method)

And wget does the same thing. What does that have to do with anything? :confused2

Bruce said:

Ahh, simple, go PunBB - I love that board :p

Back