• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

iphone paperweight?

iBrightDev

Jay Street
NLC
NLC
yup. that is right, i turned my phone into a useless paper weight today. i thought i could roll back to iPhone 2.2.1 firmware if i downloaded the firmware, and then selected the file for restoring, well, that was not the case. instead, i got error code 21, and i cant even restore to my 3.0 firmware backup. :S anyone know how i can fix this without going to the store to get a new phone. apple said they would give me a new one, just dont want to waste time going down there. thanks in advance for any help.

A brand new iPhone for free? I'd just take that deal :p

Probably better off driving down there than spending the time to fix it, or possibly voiding your warranty in the process.

yeah, i got it out of dfu mode finally, but, still cant seem to get it to downgrade back to 2.2.1 firmware. might just have to deal with the bugs for a couple weeks till the next beta comes out.

yeah, already been there. that is what has caused me to brick the phone 4 times today. so, i give up. i will just wait till the next beta comes out and then upgrade. i will just have to deal with a lag for a bit, oh well. thanks guys.

ps, i think that doesnt work for me cause mine was not installed by torrent or illegal. mine is a real dev version installed directly from apple and was dont through itunes. according to apple, there is no way to roll back yet. i didnt just download the file and install it, it was actually updated. so, that is why it isnt working i think.

Last edited:
iBrightDev said:
ps, i think that doesnt work for me cause mine was not installed by torrent or illegal. mine is a real dev version installed directly from apple and was dont through itunes. according to apple, there is no way to roll back yet. i didnt just download the file and install it, it was actually updated. so, that is why it isnt working i think.
No, people who are developers rolled back to 2.2.1, so it's not because you got it legitimately. :)

I agree, why wouldn't you want a brand new iPhone. If you have scratches they will be given to apple and you get a new one. Woo!

[UW]Glenn;1058109 said:
I agree, why wouldn't you want a brand new iPhone. If you have scratches they will be given to apple and you get a new one. Woo!

no scratches here man, i keep it in a leather case and take good care of my phone. :p it is working now though, so, i am not going to take it in.

no scratches here man, i keep it in a leather case and take good care of my phone. :p it is working now though, so, i am not going to take it in.

Fantastic!

Yeah I have no scratches here either, was just saying... You could scratch the crap out of it then return it LOL.

Beta 2 was released last week. No Picture messaging that I can see yet, but some people say they got it working on their phones.

what is your overall review on it. i dont want to go to it, hate it, and have to rollback to 2.2.1 again. so, what would you say?

Back