• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Is offering a refund a bad thing?

Schmarvin

Cross Industries
NLC
Everytime I offer a "7-day" trial, people avoid the offer. I offer 100% money back for the product, and people avoid the offer. I don't know why people wouldn't want that.

I give full refunds...and people avoid my services because of it. Any idea why? I've been around for almost three years now. And every year, this gets worse.

I've never had the issue before. People seem to feel more comfortable when there is some kind of "money back" policy in place, at least from my experience anyway.

I find that many people prefer to have this type of refund policy available to them, just so they can test their website works properly once moved to a new host.

It depends who is using you, if it is an abuser, ensure you have something in place to stop them abusing it.

Most people like to know they can return a product or service and get a full refund.

Everytime I offer a "7-day" trial, people avoid the offer. I offer 100% money back for the product, and people avoid the offer. I don't know why people wouldn't want that.

I give full refunds...and people avoid my services because of it. Any idea why? I've been around for almost three years now. And every year, this gets worse.

Its not that people don't like your offers - it's that every other host offers the same. It's not a differentiating factor.

In our experience,

In agreeance with TSO, I see that most people prefer to have those things as a no-loss backup option just in-case things don't work out, they aren't exactly out of any money but having to find another host would be the only cost I guess, time. We haven't had to give many refunds.

I'm curious though, when you say offer it to them and they decline, are you using this as your main point of pitch? I can def see the free trial as a "CYA" way in pitch but the latter would be just in case things didn't work out (excluding violations of TOS and such). Or did you see more refund cases and users leaving your service in 2010?

i think a money back guarantee gives a possible new customer a piece of mind when they are considering a new product. If you keep them satisfied there should be no reason to use the money back guarantee.

@Schmarvin
to be honest, this is really weird,
usually ppl will ask for money back guaranty or free trial.
izzit bcoz ur rules is too strict for them?

anyway, i see most ppl nowadays prefer to go for those have 14 days trial or 30 days trial offers, rather than money back guaranty...

I suppose that offering a refund will attract many webmasters who want to find reliable service and lose nothing if they failed.

Hi Schmarvin, I went by your website (under repair) but did you know your SSL Cert was in error when I clicked on the client login area. It has a mismatched address error. We just thought you should know.

Hi Schmarvin, I went by your website (under repair) but did you know your SSL Cert was in error when I clicked on the client login area. It has a mismatched address error. We just thought you should know.

Yes, it is because the license issuer is taking their time re-issuing the license.

you completely wrong dude,there should be a refund policy.
with that ,with the experienced webmaster

First time post, offering a risk-free trial is great way to attract new customers, or instead of refunds, maybe offer a "buy one month, get one free" offer or something along those lines. Good luck!

People will really like if you give trial to them. Really, I have never heard this issue before. Especially if you dare to offer a money back guarantee policy. It is your competitive advantage.
Dont give up and always try your best. :beer:

Last edited:
Back