• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Jewlzk.com Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my client:

Ruth says:
gawd, so many stories
Ruth says:
Joe says he is innocent and working on getting data
Ruth says:
Zogmo said Joe was involved in messing up, his name was thrown around a lot
Ruth says:
Roland is apparently not available, but I did talk tohim last nite
Ruth says:
Zogmo says Roland moved the servers
Ruth says:
Joe says Roland moved the servers and he didnt know
Ruth says:
i am ----ing confused
Ruth says:
if Joe f**** up my IPs i will be more than a bit upset

Everybody's stories are starting to contradict.

Woah, sad to hear about this. Never expected Roland to do a runner. Let's wait and see if he eventually does come out and clarify things.

Hello Joe,

I am a little concerned you just posted this after saying you could not reach any Jewlzk staff, however as I mentioned I do not know you as well as anyone else here, but I believe in second chances, and standing beside companies.

If the statements above are true then within 48hrs I would expect these issues to be resolved.. I would also highly recommend Joe that you refund your clients and or give them some sort of free month style service. The problems you caused without informing your clients. And the facts that your old data center is completely upset and has posted details of you packing and running from there data center makes it hard to completely believe you or your organization.

However Since you can now speak on there behalf I will leave it at this. I hope Roland is here in the next 12hrs to confirm and keep us updated.

Anyone other clients or public viewers that wanted to see the conversation logs are free to contact us, we will not hide the details from anyone, however there is no need to publicly post them.

For all dedicated server clients who cannot reach their dedicated servers, it is due to the DC Technicians addition of the switch, remote reboot, and UPS infrastructure to our new cabinet.

How about the ones that can reach them but cannot login?

Who has the root details?

Jewlzk.com back online - here is a start.

Well goody for them, on top of it all my wife has just finished a phone call with a customer of our other business and we've just lost a £2,500 booking.

48hrs is not an option either 12hrs to fit a decent SLA.

Regards
Not the happiest man in the world right now.

Josh,

Yes, I apologize. Roland hadn't had the time to get back to me until about 10 minutes ago.

Decker,

I'm going to need to try and get in touch with Roland again to see whether or not passwords were reset or if it's just a switch bucket. I'll keep you guys informed, let me try to get in touch with him for you.

How about the ones that can reach them but cannot login?

Who has the root details?

I can reach my server, however I think my data has been lost: (Plus I cannot login; as you said)

http://216.139.83.130/~vlexo/

Just add your IP/username to the above template and you should be able to your website, that's of course if it's there.

Edit:

Sorry to hear that Decker, I feel for every Jewlzk client at the moment, as we are all in the same crappy situation.

Well goody for them, on top of it all my wife has just finished a phone call with a customer of our other business and we've just lost a £2,500 booking.

48hrs is not an option either 12hrs to fit a decent SLA.

Regards
Not the happiest man in the world right now.

I appear to be the first customer back online. I am, however, really not amused. I have had various stories from various parties, and nothing makes sense to me at all.

I figured I won't ever know the truth, but the stories conflict so much that I have a very hard time trusting any party in this.

Hello,

@Decker, I was very afraid of details like this... I do feel for you on something like this, and I do agree there is no more then 30 minutes for them to be fully online. These issues should never had happened.

@JJ: I am sorry to hear this, its starting to look like maybe he sold the servers, Joe didn't know and now hes rebuilding accounts?, I just hope they get everyones data, if not thats a costly lost to everyone.

Received and now back to work!

Oh and the main resolvers?

Only 1 ip in there now, not good.

Should there be 2 or is the one there correct?

Decker, you should be good to go with 1 resolver. If Roland lets me know that there is a second, we'll plop that in your resolv.conf.

The following is an important service message from of Jewlzk.

Dear Clients, Patrons, and fellow forumgoers,

JewlzK scheduled a BGP network upgrade for Friday, November 9th, 2007.
Due to the untimely need to move from Zogmo's facilities in Houston, TX, we had to expedite this process to last night, Saturday, November 3rd, 2007. Roland De La Cruz Jr. had attempted to send emails to a few affected customers notifying them of this change. All IP addresses were inadvertently changed. All JewlzK clients have been moved to 216.139.83.***. Please note, the last octet remains the same! If you were on 38.114.204.154 you are now 216.139.83.154. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. At present, JewlzK's 3 VPS nodes are currently online. We are changing the IP addresses as of 12:30 PM EST. This will be completed shortly. For all dedicated server clients who cannot reach their dedicated servers, it is due to the DC Technicians addition of the switch, remote reboot, and UPS infrastructure to our new cabinet. This will also be completed shortly. The reason the JewlzK box is currently down is due to the inability to ifconfig the new IP's over. We are doing an rsync over to a new box now so that clients can continue sending in support tickets so that we can give them the right help they need. We will continue to post regular announcements, please see the FAQ below.

Did JewlzK go bust?
No, JewlzK is and will continue to be a premier internet service provider through this situation

Did Roland sell his servers?
No, this is a false accusation. JewlzK is not in a financial harm such as one that would require us to pack up and ship out.

WHATS THE ETA ON OUR SERVERS!
Your servers will be back up shortly. We are doing our best to do this in a timely fashion, but we have no determined ETA on the 100% network availability. We apologize for the inconvenience.

--
Should anyone need to contact me:
joe@vetrox.net = MSN
Codepro2001 = AIM

Thank you.

Just an edit - Roland De La Cruz is now in contact with the JewlzK staff. He will be available on the forums sometime later today, he is currently at the Datacenter location.

Hello,

I have to small questions on this one Joe, I do apologize, I am glad everyones coming back online but I had someone ask me these two questions so let me forward them to you.

1) You said you needed to do an BGP upgrade but it was an full data center move, so its not an upgrade.

2) You said you needed to move out of Zomgo's, why?

3) You said Jewlzk was not going bust, it was going to continue to be a great Internet Service Provider. Your not even an ISP. So are you coping this and changing content or did you just feel like leaving that there to confuse clients?

Please if you dint mind answer these questions for us.

Josh,

As per the the information Roland gave me (dont hold me to this, i'm inferring) that Zogmo permits the same Carriers which we have chosen at our new datacenter. We have a BGP at our new datacenter, with the same 5 carriers.

At this particular moment, I honestly do not know why we left Zogmo, when I speak to Roland, I'll try to find out as much as he can tell me for you.

I apologize inferring you the term ISP... when I was meaning to say hosting service provider... and hosting is a service of the internet, sorry for my tricky words.

Replied to your PM joe, and informed you that 1 resolver IP is a single point of failure not normally used by DC's who would supply at least 2.

You will not be able to 'plop' any additional IP's in aas I have changed the root login, and I would appreciate no one attempting to 'plop' anything on systems with my clients on them. Additionally the sytems a mess and both that and domain registrars needing IP allocations and NS setup changed is enough work for the timebeing thanks.

JJ - looks like your data is gone?

Seems my data is still intact, I thought it had gone, however I now have root access now and it seems things are going ok now. But I still want an explanation to why Roland has done this.

Josh,

As per the the information Roland gave me (dont hold me to this, i'm inferring) that Zogmo permits the same Carriers which we have chosen at our new datacenter. We have a BGP at our new datacenter, with the same 5 carriers.

At this particular moment, I honestly do not know why we left Zogmo, when I speak to Roland, I'll try to find out as much as he can tell me for you.

I apologize inferring you the term ISP... when I was meaning to say hosting service provider... and hosting is a service of the internet, sorry for my tricky words.

So in paragraph #1 Roland gave you the info to post.

In Paragraph #3 you were the one wrote it?

I am sooooo confussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back