• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Jewlzk.com Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad all the stories were made up, I would have hated to see JewlzK just disappear, now I just hope everything gets back to normal soon. :)

Don't we all, John, don't we all... :)
Everything's almost back to normal, just a few straggling VPS with a quota issue, which should be fixed momentarily.

Okay, you have a reseller. Unfortunately, I do not have any news about Optimus Prime or Spongebob clients, I believe they should have been the first ones online. Do you happen to know your server's IP?

Okay, you have a reseller. Unfortunately, I do not have any news about Optimus Prime or Spongebob clients, I believe they should have been the first ones online. Do you happen to know your server's IP?

If I go to my site's forums, I get a 404 not found error.

If I go to my main site's URL, I get "congrats, apache is installed".

Yet I can log into Cpanel.

I'm sorry, But Optimus Prime & Spongebob? Are they names of servers?

Seems like a DNS issue, let me check into this for you. Roland must not have set the optimus prime nameservers to the new IP's yet. This will be done momentarily when he arrives home, I'll check on this for you.

Trexhost:
Whether or not Tylar is trying to pick up accounts or not, for me is not the issue. I assume, if you have been reading this thread, you realize that Jewlzk made a major datacentre move with NO NOTICE TO THE CLIENTS. Had we been prepared for day (s) of downtime, this would not be the issue that it is.

I did speak to both the former datacentre and Roland late last night. Anything reported from that conversation was accurate.

I have no axe to grind with anybody in particular, except I am very upset that, as a client, I had unexpected downtime and had to stay up half the night to get my server reconfigured and up and running.

This kind of act makes ME look bad, as I provide services to my clients. I will bash Jewlzk as we had no advance warning of this datacentre move. We had no time to make plans or set up alternatives. We did have downtime, in my case 5 hours plus the time required to propogate the new DNS IPs.

I really dont particularly care how important it was to move datacentres this weekend. That shouldn't be MY problem. I hold up my end of the bargain. I pay the bills on time. I run a clean, spam free server. The only expectation that I have is that the server be up and running, and if it is down, that it be up and running in a reasonable length of time. I didn't change anything on my side, and I don't see why it's reasonable to expect that I spend hours trying to figure out what went wrong, where my server is, and reconfiguring due to changes that nobody told me were coming.

Lack of communication with ones clientele is fatal. I will have to spend a good part of tomorrow explaining to MY clients what happened, and they will be asking themselves why they have their email/websites hosted with me, when obviously I am not dealing with a reliable company.

Bottom line, my reputation as a professional is on the line, and without that, I have no clients. Bashing? I don't think I am. I don't see how this move was handled professionally, and I have to do a fair amount of damage control tomorrow, which I also didn't have planned.

P.S. I am a Dedicated Server client, not a VPS client.

Trexhost:
Whether or not Tylar is trying to pick up accounts or not, for me is not the issue. I assume, if you have been reading this thread, you realize that Jewlzk made a major datacentre move with NO NOTICE TO THE CLIENTS. Had we been prepared for day (s) of downtime, this would not be the issue that it is.

I did speak to both the former datacentre and Roland late last night. Anything reported from that conversation was accurate.

I have no axe to grind with anybody in particular, except I am very upset that, as a client, I had unexpected downtime and had to stay up half the night to get my server reconfigured and up and running.

This kind of act makes ME look bad, as I provide services to my clients. I will bash Jewlzk as we had no advance warning of this datacentre move. We had no time to make plans or set up alternatives. We did have downtime, in my case 5 hours plus the time required to propogate the new DNS IPs.

I really dont particularly care how important it was to move datacentres this weekend. That shouldn't be MY problem. I hold up my end of the bargain. I pay the bills on time. I run a clean, spam free server. The only expectation that I have is that the server be up and running, and if it is down, that it be up and running in a reasonable length of time. I didn't change anything on my side, and I don't see why it's reasonable to expect that I spend hours trying to figure out what went wrong, where my server is, and reconfiguring due to changes that nobody told me were coming.

Lack of communication with ones clientele is fatal. I will have to spend a good part of tomorrow explaining to MY clients what happened, and they will be asking themselves why they have their email/websites hosted with me, when obviously I am not dealing with a reliable company.

Bottom line, my reputation as a professional is on the line, and without that, I have no clients. Bashing? I don't think I am. I don't see how this move was handled professionally, and I have to do a fair amount of damage control tomorrow, which I also didn't have planned.

I am in the exact same situation as you Mystikk. What you are saying is correct in every way and it relates to most of us running businesses. Hopefully we will get a plausible answer for our clients.

Last edited:
Trexhost:

X2...

Its very bad to me and to my customers this downtimes

It's more than just a couple, waiting for the NS glue records to update is painfull.

At least I'm getting all the cPanel error e-mails :/

Last edited:
I feel your guys pain, I personally haven't been that bad. I've always had Trexhost.com by my side, I have a huge respect for their buisness and team.

Hopefully Roland will get here and answer us. - I've heard he is back home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back