• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Just got baptized

Newtonian gravity is false, as I previously stated. Gravity is merely a property of space-time as described by GR (and QM's gravity is not just incompatible with GR's it's provably incorrect on the larger scale). There's an "effect" of Gravity, but there is no FORCE that is gravity as originally envisioned by Newton. It seems we agree here.

You did not address my point. Your assumption that the Bible is "diluted" is incorrect unless you have... EVIDENE. You are saying that the texts have been altered over time, this is absurd. Those claims should have been put to rest forever with the discovery of the dead sea scrolls. If you had said the Septuagint is a non-ideal source I would have readily agreed with you.
You previously stated a lot of things that weren't true. The bible is diluted, everyone who doesn't see it as fact and real scriptures of a god, can see that. I can post tons and tons of evidence, but I see no point. It's YOUR faith that you're holding to these books, not me. I'm only making it a point of discussion because of how much it poisons society.

Newtonian gravity is false, as I previously stated. Gravity is merely a property of space-time as described by GR (and QM's gravity is not just incompatible with GR's it's provably incorrect on the larger scale). There's an "effect" of Gravity, but there is no FORCE that is gravity as originally envisioned by Newton. It seems we agree here.

Gravitons have not yet been observed. Photons were proven through equations far before they were observed. Antimatter was proven through equations far before it was observed. And jesus was Black.

Blackjesus.jpg

You previously stated a lot of things that weren't true. The bible is diluted, everyone who doesn't see it as fact and real scriptures of a god, can see that. I can post tons and tons of evidence, but I see no point. It's YOUR faith that you're holding to these books, not me. I'm only making it a point of discussion because of how much it poisons society.
Okay. You have made a claim, I've asked you to back-up your claim: you are unable to do so. Don't come in with excuses.

Themoose gave an interesting link, but one riddled with problems in the arguments. Take the Exodus of Egypt - according to liberal/secular/non-religious thinking the exodus took place in 1250BC, and only from the time of Solomon on is reliable history in the Bible. The history of the Hebrews or the Israelites before Solomon is contested to a far greater degree than after. But as I mentioned before, historians aren't exactly known for their traits in agreeing with each other anyway.

The antediluvian period and the patriarchal age are widely disbelieved by atheists and other secular thinkers.

It used to be the case that Atheists would claim that Pontius Pilate did not exist, that the NT history was completely wrong. It wasn't until 1961 when a limestone tablet with a dedication to Tiberius Caesar which specifically mentioned Pilate that Atheists were forced to admit that Pilate did in fact exist.

Sir William Ramsay, a Scottish archaeologist, set out to investigate the history in the book of Acts. As I have repeatedly invited everyone here to also try and prove. In 1881 he travelled to Greece and Turkey, and from that point on his entire academic career focused on the history of the Early Church. It was Ramsay who concluded this:
Luke is a historian of the first rank; not merely are his statements of fact trustworthy; he is possessed of the true historic sense; he fixes his mind on the idea and plan that rules in the evolution of history; and proportions the scale of his treatment to the importance of each incident
Of course we (Christians) believe in Evidence. It is utterly ridiculous for you to claim otherwise. There is a mountain of archaeological proof for various events in the Bible stretching from the Antediluvian period to now.

Let me conclude with this. If the patriarchal age is a mythical age then the dates given by the Biblical timeline would be wrong and the secular timeline would be correct, right? The Exodus happened "according to who you believe" sometime between 1,250 - 1,350BC. Note that secular historians still widely acknowledge the Exodus as an event, just dismiss the "details" given in the Bible and claim that it is merely a mythical telling of the event. The Merneptah stele proves Israel was in Canaan (the time of Judges) in 1210BC. This along with the other evidence proves that later dates for the Exodus are incorrect. The "evidence" cited for believing later dates is entirely circumstantial, anyone can see that, therefore the evidence still proves that the Biblical history is correct.

You forgot to try and disprove that Jesus was black!

Oh yeah, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T!

Oh, and I hope you die in a mugging-gone-wrong.

I think evolutionary theory is real but the people seems to need in something (an entity somehow which protects all humanity). It's just human mind which wants to believe. And @Darknight in 2012 will be no end of Earth.

I'm not coming in with excuses. Your believe in the bible masks you from truth, so you are constantly shooting down evidence - but you don't want to believe it. I could be spouting out evidence and you'll immediately quote the ----ing bible, so I see no point.

Sorry I'm kinda just jumping into the thread late. Wanted to comment towards Atheist and it not being a belief in it's own. Darknight (and others) are in fact correct about Atheist being an actual belief. Not believing in something, is believing. How can you not believe in something, when you in fact believe there is nothing to believe in. All Atheist is, is a manipulation to the mind in that your tricking your own self into believing there is in fact nothing to believe in; when your doing just that - believing.

Right when someone says they are Atheist, they have put themselves into a belief category. A true person that doesn't believe in anything, would say I'm not sure what to believe - which is a truthful and honest statement.

PS: grats Darknight

I'm not coming in with excuses.
You've been making them every time. "I don't want to present evidence because this, that, the other".

Your believe in the bible masks you from truth, so you are constantly shooting down evidence - but you don't want to believe it. I could be spouting out evidence and you'll immediately quote the ----ing bible, so I see no point.

Yet it is Atheists who throughout the years claimed: 1. that Crucifixion as a Roman method of execution never existed, 2. that Crucifixion never involved nails, 3. that Pilate (responsible for sentencing Jesus) was a made-up figure, etc. Each time something was definitively proven with archaeological evidence, Atheists still contended every other uncorroborated detail was still incorrect. THAT is the behaviour of people who "don't want to believe it" when they see it. All you've been doing is attacking me on a personal level. Are you incapable of doing it at an academic level; or are you certain that your argument that I am clueless when it comes to science, physics, evidence, etc, is right?

By the way you seem to think Science is above the same criticisms; it's not. Scientists readily make assumptions and believe adamantly in things which either have no evidence, or for which the evidence they have not seen. Like how 99% of them think Pons and Fleischmann were hoaxers, in reality their little - innocent announcement - was blown way out of proportion and the big commercial interests started slandering their credibility. That's what actually happened in this HISTORICAL sense; in the scientific sense how it was beneficial for serious scientists to behave in that way is beyond me, and I'm simply left for words when incidents like that happen. Their experiment is well documented and has been reproduced in laboratories all over the world with exactly the same observations made by Pons and Fleischmann (of course, cold fusion is now understood not to be occuring).

1) I'm not an atheist. 2) No I don't think science is over the same criticism, as I showed in previous posts. I haven't attacked you on a personal level, I've attacked the religion on personal levels, because that's where it holds religious meaning the most - how people portray it.

Plus you're talking about archaeological evidence. Ever heard of archaeological theory?

I'm against organized religion because of how it dumbs people down into mindless little sheep for JEEBUS who can't think for themselves.

I'm not against religious beliefs or spirituality. I'm against the Church, the Pope, and every other dogmatic religious figure in history.

I'm not against religious beliefs or spirituality. I'm against the Church, the Pope, and every other dogmatic religious figure in history.
So am I? I hate the church with a passion because the God I know tells me to hate evil..
If you ever wanna read a book get divine sex and your better understand my "Christian beliefs"

I believe more in spirituality and Pentecost.
I do not discredit Pentecost by putting God in a box (The bible)
Also the bible says little about many things, English copies of it are a distorted version of what it was.
The bible itself has been manipulated by men to create what "they think" God is.
Jesus said little to nothing about sex, thats how important it really was and many Christians today believe they will not get good things in this world, which is an out right lie.
At the end of the day, the very essence of Good is love, as humans we can pick to be either good or evil.
Jesus is all about love, he came to remove the hold that sin had on us, it is a irrelevant point to salvation, yet many Christians today let sin hold them, they spend countless amounts of time studying sin! its madness.
They discredit Gods salvation by saying "there must be more"
Really it comes down to what Jesus himself said.
Love God with all your heart mind and soul.
Love everyone like you love yourself.
The 2 greatest commandments, in Jesus's own words.
The rest is abolished and for filled.

Really it comes down to what Jesus himself said.
Love God with all your heart mind and soul.
Love everyone like you love yourself.
The 2 greatest commandments, in Jesus's own words.
The rest is abolished and for filled.

I prefer the philosophy of "Treat others as they treat you". It's actually one of the tenets of LaVeyan Satanism.
Along with never, ever hurt a non-human animal.

You can spend hours and read countless amounts of conterdictions within the bible.
The bible is good for history and some understanding (the actual Good nes of Jesus life and his walk on this earth)
The OT is good for a history in understanding God.
The letters from the apostles are little to nothing, because they are like me, just Holy Spirit filled Christians, they get things wrong and stumble like we do.
Also many of them books are just letters to some of the first churches, to claim such things as words from God is madness.
The bible has been taken out of prospective and created this "religion" which is not truth but a man made lie.

Also, the bible was created to destroy Pentecost for many years they claimed the "spirit of truth" was the bible and said Pentecost had ended.
The bibles last 2000 year history is evil, the timelines are evil, the things that happened are evil.

Happy?

Lust is actually a greek word which means desire, nothing to do with sex.
There is 7 types of sin, some cause death others do not.
Church want you to know nothing of this, but truth is they lie.
They rape people in the name of God, the very church that had the most to do with putting the bible together, is the very church that rapes people in the name of God and claims repentance and then hides sexual abuse for 25 years.

You can spend hours and read countless amounts of conterdictions within the bible.
The bible is good for history and some understanding (the actual Good nes of Jesus life and his walk on this earth)
The OT is good for a history in understanding God.
The letters from the apostles are little to nothing, because they are like me, just Holy Spirit filled Christians, they get things wrong and stumble like we do.
Also many of them books are just letters to some of the first churches, to claim such things as words from God is madness.
The bible has been taken out of prospective and created this "religion" which is not truth but a man made lie.

Also, the bible was created to destroy Pentecost for many years they claimed the "spirit of truth" was the bible and said Pentecost had ended.
The bibles last 2000 year history is evil, the timelines are evil, the things that happened are evil.

Happy?
I was just sayin'

No need to get all huffy and puffy over it.

Was not directed at you Ben, didnt even realize you had replied.
lol.
Just posting it all out as it came to me...

Back