• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Kiddie Host Accusations

Legally 16 year olds are still children.

No they aren't, they are considered legally responsible for thier actions, and that's what matters, they cannot face the full penalty of the law, but it'll be them facing consequences and not legal guardians.

I can say that i did run a free hosting company back at 15 made few pounds and then read something which pulled me off it before my final exam - i thank god and the guy who wrote that article everyday, passed with good grade to get me in college.

Here is the article and i wish it can help you to get off hosting before its too late. Here is abit off it and the link:

Kids, don't be offended by what I have to say :) I have also been what most kids have done and i am sure you know what I'm talking about here. It's all from experience.

Everything is fine at first, when you have no customers, then you get the word out about your new webhost, and people start asking pre-sales questions, and before you know it you have a handful of customers. :) As your webhosting business grows you're going to find it harder and harder to keep up with all the customers, and generally the business itself. And then there are those days where you get a large amount of homework, and maybe even a few assignments, and tests to prepare for. This puts you under more pressure and stress, which is not good at all. Stress is something that a kid should avoid at his/her young age. This is where all the trouble starts. You're going to find that you are staying up longer than usual, rushing your homework just before bed time, and generally prioritizing most of your time towards your new webhosting business, when you should really be using that time to study, and finish your homework, without rushing everything. Grades will also slip, and you will begin to realize that you have to do something about it, and that�??s when you make �??the decision�?�. To close? or not to close? that is the question!

This of course doesn�??t go for all kiddy hosts, but most of them will be in similar situations.

http://sabsblog.com/kiddie-hosts/

the article is old so some mistake.

Last edited:
I'm 13, and I offer only 1 or 2 free hosting accounts at a time :)

This way, because it's free, they don't expect to much, and there's very few accounts, easy to manage. Means I get my Coursework/Homework done easily, and get a chance to go play with my mates etc.

I can say that i did run a free hosting company back at 15 made few pounds and then read something which pulled me off it before my final exam - i thank god and the guy who wrote that article everyday, passed with good grade to get me in college.

Here is the article and i wish it can help you to get off hosting before its too late. Here is abit off it and the link:

http://sabsblog.com/kiddie-hosts/

the article is old so some mistake.

They didn't even bother to link to the SOURCE. :tired2:

I wrote that article for younghosts.com. I guess I'll be contacting the site owner. But anyways, I'm glad my article helped you. :)

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize the last post was from almost a month ago. :p

I wouldn't care less how old they are as long as I get what I'm paying for and I get the service I require. You could be a 13 year old kid or a 100 year old man, would not care less! As long as my service is here and there because thats what we really want... not the person behind the other computer :p

yeah i suppose you are right, however i have been in the hosting game on and off for two years since the age of 16, however as earlier mentioned i was in partnership with a women who was 26. This made the bussiness both fresh, stable and economically viable, in the end i made enough from that and other sources to pay my share of server bills, it pays

i would also like to add that, if someone is open about their age in the legal agreement, then any client who agrees to these terms has no cause for arguement :p
(though correct me if im wrong)

Last edited:
It's 13,14, and 15 year olds that worry me.

I was co-admin for a free post to host almost a year back and I was shocked to learn that the owner was a 13 year old kid. I didn't like that, especially since I never got the compensation I was promised and I was doing about 80% of the work, so I resigned. Later on, he sold his site after 1 month on FWS and posted about being too busy at work to cope with the site.

Generalisations, the internet is crippled by them, the partner shouldnt have decieved you but its not always like that.

My Co-admin on my anime site network is 14 and Im recently starting a new project with a 13 year old as a partner, Im 18 which is the legal age for most international laws. The point of what im saying is, these guys have invested as much as they could, they have kept up their side of the bargain, are prepared to work when its needed.

While i understand that this isnt exactly the hosting game it ( the new project especialy) is certainly based around that area and is connected to it.

one more thing, free hosting is always going to be conditional, and so if the hosting is free then i have little problem with a 15 year old + running it solo.

They arent going to make much cash (as a rule) mostly wont own a company, and will word their TOS to properly reflect their support capabilities ( or they should)

yeah, but how many actually get that ?? Anyway, at 16 it becomes very different, they can get jobs and own companies over here in the UK.

Not many, as you have to have a good reason to be emancipated. If you were abused, you could be emancipated. But even then it's hard from what i hear. But even if emancipated, you cannot own a company. You just aren't considered a minor anymore, and are considered your own guardian.

however surely if you are 16 then you may own a company as you may be self-employed :S

something you can always do is open a company in the name of a trustee, as long as you have the available funds to cover his --- if things go bad. :p

if your 16 you should be worring about school
NOT wasting time doing what 1000000s of others are online making ---- all!

In my country many people leave school at 16 , they can then get a job and can be legally fully emplyed, full time.

Yeah... that's why they are failures at life. Seriously get finished with High School, than either a) do some higher education aka college/university or
b) work at mc donalds :lol:

man, im about to finish 6th form (im 18) and go to university,
and you arent a failure at life just because you leave early, If
you try you can always make it (generalisation)

Just a side trivia note to stuffradio ...

I hope you realize that 2 of men listed at the very top of the current
annual "richest and most powerful people" list never went to college!

Let's keep the stereotype assumptions for another discussion. ;)

Who really cares ?
If someone is hosting a company and give out plans that are "unbelievable"
it just shows the noobs who accuse them of being a "kiddie"

Aslong as they have proper, reliable quality hosting who care's how old they are.
Some people under 18 might be well-funded and can afford better things then people older

It doesn't really matter aslong as they can uphold the job in a reliable manner.
I totally agree, I knew a guy (age 15) who had $7000 backing his host. He did mighty well, sold for $1500 profit....

Back