• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

localhost stuff... :<

XeonGX

hello to everyone

i've been trying to install apache, so i can test some php scripts i made quickly

but for some reasons it doesn't install and gives me error,

so anyways
can anyone tell me of other programs like apache that makes me open server and access to http://localhost
???

Download EasyPHP from easyphp.org. I use it for debugging my programs running both in php and mysql.

thanks guys, i just rememberd phptraid
im installing it

:)

any of you know a good php editor? not like dreamweaver or frontpage
something that was meant only for php editing, and that willl help me if there was some errors with my coding

thanks

any of you know a good php editor? not like dreamweaver or frontpage
something that was meant only for php editing, and that willl help me if there was some errors with my coding

thanks
Dude, get OpenEditor it rules!

how can u say that it sucks...if u want to debug ur scripts only...its really enough.

php/mysql with apache server also coming with phpMyAdmin. a perfect combination for your local machine to behave like a server.
Half the scripts dont work on it. And the PHP/MySQL version is old. Forget EasyPHP, go with A2T!

XAMPP is one-install everything. Apache, PHP4 (with an easy switcher to 5) & mySQL. It's just one install file!

I've actually never gotten XAMPP to work correctly. Perhaps because I have an unusual system setup and configuration, but oh well. A virtual machine works fine for me.

As for PHP software, Zend Studio is the best. I think there's a beta version of Zend Platform out as well. I haven't seen anything better.

Back