• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking For Business Partner

podjahost

Yes, thats right. I am looking for someone to start a hosting company with. Please read on.

Who am I?
I'm 16, from the UK and doing GCSE's soon. I have knowledge in website design and graphic design as well as coding skills (PHP, MySql, JavaScript, HTML, CSS). I have had experience running a small hosting business but I look to expand. I have some experience managing a server but looking to expand my knowledge.

Why do I want a partner
I want to work with someone for many reasons. Some of which are splitting the risk, splitting the costs, we can offer better support, 2 heads are better than one, the list goes on.

What do you need to know?
I would like an experienced user, possibly someone who knows more about server management than the actual website side. Both would be nice however. Someone willing to spend, we need to get a VPS or Dedi and a reliable billing system split 50/50 most likely.

My current hosting site is - http://www.podja.com
My website design portfolio - http://www.podja.co.uk

Are you interested?

Contact me via PM please, I'll check back soon.

Cheers,
Jack

Hello,

Not to be rude in any sort, however no one here will be able to legally partner with you as your a minor. If you were 18+ we would have no problem taking this, however there are alot of risks with working with minors.

I dunno about the UK, but in the US in the state of Georgia his application is perfectly legal.

I personally don't see a problem and I think its a dumb law.

Now I am not saying that "everyone please work with him". When your 16 I don't think you are getting that much money.

Couple of points that might help clear it up.

One their GCSE's are comming up so there should be no time for them to dedicate to starting a business.

Two at 16 you cannot a business bank account or be a signatory to one.

Three if still at school you cannot take part in a profit making persoanl business venture for tax reasons - ie you don't pay any, and that is tax evasion (not the nicer tax avoidance :) )

No being detrimental podja just info to try and help, also your packages on your site would not leave you a profit margin. So lot's of experience would be required from a partner on the business side, again not hitting out but it would seem to be an unfair split for what you need from the partner.

Try becoming a staff member for another host first and 'get your hands dirty' :)

OK, Good advice decker. I am not actually looking to setup just yet, I am just looking for a partner. My GCSE's do come first!

Shame you missed a couple of recent ones looking for staff - try a post in the ads and offers, state your strengths and what you would like to get better at (and how good at the moment).

You'll probably have to go for an 'unpaid' but with benefits post to start but it will get you in at the deep end.

If you pm-email me your best points (and when they will be available after GCSE time) I might have a post comming up (might have at the moment) that may be a start.

Back