• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking to Purchase an Actual Server for Store use.

rebelagent

I am planning on purchasing a server.

I would appreciate info on some of the most up to date hardware and possibly software.

The store I am making this purchase for is quite popular in the area and possibly surrounding states. We get a lot of foot traffic and we were making $3000-$5000 each month off the website. The average item wa $6.00 and the average person purchased 3 to 5 bottles.

They didnt keep track of how many visits but i am assuming quite a bit of traffic.

With that being said what would be good?

Dual Xeon something or other...or is that outdated?

I would recommend the Quad Core Pentium. Take a look at the servers provided by Galaxy-Solutions.Net. I am sure you will get what you need there.
Great site with nice prices but I actually was looking for a literal physical server that we can touch and program ourselves at the shop. Our next door store has a personal one but he purchased it from his brother in law. So we can't exactly go and get it from where he got it.

I would recommend checking on:
HP DL380
HP DL580

Your needs would be fine with probably a single or dual - dual core with 4GB/RAM.

Hey,

I build servers and computers in my time. If you'd like a custom quote please contact me.

Hi,

We have several servers located in Los Angeles for sale, we sell servers for use with our colocation too, so send us an email sales@comfyhost.com or IM me and we can set something up.

Thanks

I can also price you some servers, as well as colocation if you want quality transfer for the server.. The issue with having the box at your store, is you wont get the speeds you would get if it was at a datacenter.

Let me know, I may be able to assist, I am able to get quality machines drop shiped to your doorstep at very little cost.

Just to clarify things for you... Theres two kinds of servers that are being discussed here with the offers that are being presented to you. Some people are talking about physically selling you a server and shipping it to you, others are offering to have a server running in a data center for you, which you would pay for monthly or co-locate (where you own the actual server, but pay a monthly fee for the data center's power and bandwidth).

You should specify which you want to avoid confusion should you choose to purchase from someone here.

I could help build you one. I'll build it to your specifications and install any software you need. Just contact me if you would like my help.

Hey,

I built a server the other day which is still available:

Intel Quad Core 4x2.66 Processor
500GB Hard Drive
3072MB Memory
32MB ONBOARD Graphics Card
2u Rack Case

I'd be looking for $1,600 ono

Regards,
Jason S

Back