• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

lost in the sea of free hosts...

kapnkrunk

I've been looking for a free host for my personal blog and my clan site but theres so many free hosts out there I don't know who's good and who isn't. Any recommendations? I don't need much, just reliability.

newsite.es 20gb space 500gb bandwith 10mb file size limite no ads I have been using this host for 3 months without any problems

I suggest paid hosting, as free hosting isn't very reliable.

You can say that about paid hosting. However it's all about finding a host who is reliable; which in turn you can find for free hosting and paid hosting.

I will give you that, but with Free hosting, it is easier for them to shut down due to insufficient funds, abuse by clients, etc. There is typically less abuse with paid hosting, as free hosting abuse usually consists of spammers.

If you can find a decent free host, then that's great, but remember the support usually isn't anywhere in comparison to paid hosting support.

Just do your research basically.

If you can find a decent free host, then that's great, but remember the support usually isn't anywhere in comparison to paid hosting support.

Depends which paid host you are comparing as there are some awful paid hosting providers who provide bad support.

But yeah, the general idea is to do your research and inquire!

Depends which paid host you are comparing as there are some awful paid hosting providers who provide bad support.

But yeah, the general idea is to do your research and inquire!

I agree with everything stated above :)

My idea, go with any of them and try them out. If you don't like them, just go to another one.

Usually when I find a free host for my client, I go to a host that I've used in the past and so far trust.

But for a personal blog, the free blog sites should be more than enough to accommodate your needs

I second the idea that paid hosting is the way to go, you have more basis to expect service from a host if you pay for it.

You may all be fine saying "go with a paid host" - but some just actually can't afford it. Like young people who are interested in creating their own Websites. There are plenty of free Web hosting providers here who are reliable; you just have to spot the difference. If Web hosts are offering you a service that seems unrealistic; then you may be right, it is unrealistic. I don't even know of the slightest reason why people request such high specifications for new forums and sites. If you want a reliable Web host, I'd suggest you request space and bandwidth specs that seem realistic, and when you need to upgrade; I am sure in exchange for something (ads, posting or whatever) which benefits the Web host, they'll be able to provide it. Competition in free web hosting markets has changed so quickly, so people expect such high specs and they'll be fine - think twice :).

Ya I agree web phprocks.

Not all people can afford paid web hosting. Some people just want to have a website for the enjoyment of it. So we believe that people who use have a personal (non-profit) or charitable website deserves free web hosting.

You know, sometimes even for-profit sites deserve a little space for free. :) Think about the hobbyist who is just starting out in business - he or she usually very much appreciates a little free space.

Free Web Hosting!?

Free web hosting service is a web hosting service that is free, usually advertisement-supported and of limited functionality, though not at all times. Free web hosts will usually provide a subdomain or a directory. In contrast, paid web hosts will usually provide a second-level domain along with the hosting. Many free hosts do allow use of separately-purchased domains. Rarely, a free host may also operate as a domain name registrar.

www.Bryansoft.com is a post2host. I've been with them since the beginning (July 07) and they have been alive and kicking with minimal downtime.

I'd check them out. It's a one time post, not a monthly post, but many users choose to stick around and support the community. You'll like it. For 20 posts you can get 2GB space and 50GB bandwidth.

Back