• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Lunarpages.com FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats strange
current bid/asking price seems to be 49.00 $US

Maybe they are getting a new name, I dont see much point though

Thats really weird they seem to be doing quiet well. May be not. Hey Jewlzk, how did you come to know that Hostway bought them out.

priyanka said:
Thats really weird they seem to be doing quiet well. May be not. Hey Jewlzk, how did you come to know that Hostway bought them out.

A very reliable birdie

:)

Ohm is it for real? Or did someone just put it up for sale as a joke. I would pay alot for that name and put my hosting company up there and get alot of traffic sigunps etc lol.

I contacted Lunar live support and i asked the guy if they are selling the domain.

<Lupine1647-Mod-Away> LP776, no. To my knowledge lunarpages.com is not for sell.

<Dawn-Staff> Very strange since it is already owned.

UPDATE
:: <Milton_Staff> No, Sedo is a legit site. They offer domain brokering services, so they can try to acquire any domain even if it's already registered. It doesn't mean the domain is for sale.

Last edited:
AB Hosting said:
I contacted Lunar live support and i asked the guy if they are selling the domain.

<Lupine1647-Mod-Away> LP776, no. To my knowledge lunarpages.com is not for sell.

<Dawn-Staff> Very strange since it is already owned.

UPDATE
:: <Milton_Staff> No, Sedo is a legit site. They offer domain brokering services, so they can try to acquire any domain even if it's already registered. It doesn't mean the domain is for sale.

Yes its for sale go to www.whois.sc and do lunarpages.com it will clearly state that its for sale else why doesnt lunar sue whois.sc or sedo for false listing if its not for sale?

TJR Networks said:
If it's a high traffic domain it is definitely worth something. Whether it is worth $10 or $10,000 though I couldn't tell you.

Actually it wont be worth anything if the new owner decided to ruin the site hosting image by provide unsuitable plans or worse changing the site , to a personal site with nothing to do with hosting. Well if someone buys it initially they might have good traffic but future will depend on what the new owner decides to do with the domain.

Lunarpages is not for sale nor have we been bought out by anyone. I have already requested that the "offer" be removed. Whoever posted the sale of the domain has no rights to the domain at all. Whoever started this thread has no association with Lunarpages and can neither confirm nor deny any business activities at Lunarpages.

Please make sure you go to the source with questions like these as these unfounded rumors can be quite damaging. There will be no "new owner" and Lunarpages is definitely not for sale.

JewlzK, I'd be careful about your "reliable birdie". It seems to not be so reliable after all. The owner of the company is still the original owner of the company and we have neither sold, been bought out nor acquired any new parters. We are also not entertaining any offers.

I would also like to add that we do aggressively pursue anyone violating our trademark. This includes registering similar names that would cause confusion. I have politely requested SEDO remove the listing. If they do not respond in a timely manner or refuse, I will then get my attorney involved but I see no reason to pay hundreds on such a silly matter if it can be resolved without bringing in legal.

Thanks for clearing that up Kathleen :) Thread closed. If I see it posted elsewhere, I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back