• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

LxAdmin

LxAdmin shared hosting... Good Idea?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
bleh.. now uploading from the 100mbit Dedicated.
Uploading 6.45 meg
0.8kb/s
Time remaining 17hrs36min :S

Well.. in the end after about 45 min, it decided to speed up.

Now im finding it impossible to login to MyBB that was installed by the install script.

http://www.fenixnet.co.cc/forum/
user: test
pass: test1234
WTF :S

Last edited:
I logged in no problem... I have noticed though, that on MyBB sometimes if you just hit enter to login it doesn't accept the password and I have to go back and relogin and actually hit the login button.

I am not sure about the speed issue to you... The tracert's make it look like something at Databank, but then I can upload at 120KBPS no problem.

Although I am being routed in with Global Crossing and I think it said you are coming in via Level3. I will check into this more and open a ticket with the DC to see if there are any issues with the L3 link.

BTW Fenix, your site loaded very fast ;) I see you are using MKPortal as well... It is one of my favorite scripts to use as a CMS on top of a forum, but I normally use phpBB with it.

Ya, i love MKPortal. I just thought id test it with mybb.
Ive gotten rather good at skining it too, so thought id try some mybb skins.
I usually use phpbb too, it seems to work best with it, but people keep telling me how good mybb is supposed to be, so i thought id have a go at using mkportal with it.

You logged in??

It tells you login sucessful, but doesnt log you in!
Make sure plz :p
Ive tried IE and FF, and Ive tried from here and the Dedicated :S

Last edited:
Hmmm this may take a bit longer than I thought... I can't find where to switch MySQL passwords to authenticate the "old style"

This is an issue with MySQL 4.1+ not wanting to let PHP apps authenticate. As soon as I find where I can do this (and I swear I saw it last night) I will take care of it.

Just an update on the MyBB installAPP issue... There is a bug with the MyBB installer or something. Every other app works just fine except MyBB

I have talked with LxLabs about this and I am awaiting a reply from them.

In the mean time, the only thing I can think of is to reinstall MyBB/MkPortal by hand.

I'll let you know if i come up with a fix

Probly a spam blocker?

Hmm.. so the MyBB installer is the problem :S

Thought it was going to turn out to be a cookies or SQL issue.

Oh well.. I was just trying MyBB, because its there :p
Back to phpbb i guess.
Id install it manually, but as ive said, uploading to the server is very painful for me :(

Hey Fenix,

Sorry I missed this thread! If you would like I can try slapping it on there for you since my uploads are much faster than yours.

Let me know!

-Daniel

hmm Yes please, ive tried to re-upload it 3 times, and it always times out after about 30min - 1hr, even sending from the US based Dedicated :S
Dump V 1.2 in a folder off the root called TEMP or somthing.

Cheers.

I slapped an MkPortal zip file in there as well...

If for some reason you can't extract zips from the file manager let me know. I don't remember if you can or can't, but I am pretty sure that you can.

Allright thanks man.

BTW, you should probly stop double posting, there is an edit button after all. :p

Last edited:
hehe.. it seems the opposite to me.

Most forums i visit, i can edit weeks later, here after a few hrs u cant :(

FFS, I cant login to this either :S
Goes to page not found!

Screw it, im going with Version M1.12.

Can you upload that for me? :D

Last edited:
Back