• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Malaysia Host

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i'm from malaysia too - penang
yes, for free host i've found some
www.me.com.my
www.xtremesite.com <-- gone !! used to be a ipoh guy host, and also FWS.net member
and yes, time.net.my. our malaysia's telekom co-brand ISP

p/s** after i gradueted and get a job..perhaps i'll going to buy a reseller account at cbshosts.net and providing free host with 1 popup ad . but its just a planding..have to get job 1st !

Originally posted by velton
www.me.com.my
www.xtremesite.com <-- gone !! used to be a ipoh guy host, and also FWS.net member

p/s** after i gradueted and get a job..perhaps i'll going to buy a reseller account at cbshosts.net and providing free host with 1 popup ad . but its just a planding..have to get job 1st !

Yalah, bettter start one. Malaysia very little free web host. Maybe Velton can reach his dreams.:) :)

hope so lar ~! ops..sorry speaking malaysian's english ...hehee :D u mind to join me ?

Yeah, sure man. You know my email address. Contact me and tell about your ideas. Maybe we can bang our heads together and produce a good result.:D

hahaha...after bang sure bleeding..
hehe but we have to stop spam and wave from the free host..
maybe we can learn from hostultra...only host malaysian, singapore ....

hahaha...after bang sure bleeding..
hehe but we have to stop spam and wave from the free host..
maybe we can learn from hostultra...only host malaysian, singapore ....

Hey. email me lah or use yahoo messengger, if not Jan will get angry. Get Yahoo lah, we can chat.

okay...i'll mail u later..now i have to go . :) using my sister notebook online..my streamX haven't come yet..

okay...i'll mail u later..now i have to go . :) using my sister notebook online..my streamX haven't come yet..

Me too, no StreamX:cry2: Fuc**d up Telekom.:mad: :mad: :mad:

www.me.com.my

Hi i am from penang too
Tell me if u come out with a free host thingz

there is not catch searching around public free host for a dorum site. u may get it at www.invisionfree.com

if u wan to get a goood server host, u need to ask some1 who may host ur forum site. with sponser host ..etc

I think xtremesite.com was run by some guy from Taiping. And how come I donno Time Net got hosting? duhhh LOL

Originally posted by bobkee
I think xtremesite.com was run by some guy from Taiping. And how come I donno Time Net got hosting? duhhh LOL

That guy from Taiping is dumb lah. He should have limited his features like HostUltra. Time net got hosting but very simple. And i always problem with their FTP.

Heh .. catering for the world isn't synonymous with free :)

If you wanna start free host count me in too .. me from ampang :p

Akan Datang ... err maybe ;)

I'm from PJ and I have been working on a business model that will provide some limited free hosting services with Malaysian specific contents. No promises but see how lah.

Maybe we all can come out with a good free web host. Maybe everyone donate abit. Anyway, we must allow asians to sign up and not have restrictions like HostUltra.

Originally posted by darkcurves
Maybe we all can come out with a good free web host. Maybe everyone donate abit. Anyway, we must allow asians to sign up and not have restrictions like HostUltra.

I think the main reasons why some free hosts don't allow Asians to sign up are :

• Ad revenue : Most ad companies will not pay for page views originating from Asian IPs, particularly if they are from countries whereby English is not a main language
• Abuse : A lot of spam originates from Asian IPs. In Malaysia, even companies in good standing have no scruples in spamming. I have received lots of UCE from Malaysian companies.

Regarding restrictions, personally I feel they are both necessary and prudent. Xtremesite collapsed mainly because they did not implement any restrictions and got overwhelmed. If a FWH intends to be a serious player and last longer than a fortnight, some restrictions are needed.

I had a look at www.2u.com.my Their services look pretty good but being the typical kiasu Malaysian service provider, they are very kedekut when it comes to being more transparent about their services. Not much information is actually provided regarding what they offer.

Originally posted by bobkee

• Ad revenue : Most ad companies will not pay for page views originating from Asian IPs, particularly if they are from countries whereby English is not a main language

But why do they ignore South Americans and Africans and instead focus their attenion only on Asians? And what about Europe? English is not spoken fluently by the majority of Europeans. I would bet that your English is a whole lot better than most Moldavians. To be fair, they should ban everyone except the US, certain parts of Canada, certain parts of the UK, Australia, and maybe South Africa or New Zealand.

I understand that a great volume of abuse comes from Asia, but banning half of the world because of some troublemakers is immoral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back