• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Man Opens Fire at Omaha Mall, Killing 8

Yeah, But then you would have people stealing police officers guns...
Well, if police officers were that useless till their gun can get stolen, then they do not deserve to be in the police force.

But that's just my personal opinion, others like you might think differently. My views are influenced by the environment I grew up in, and since I grew up in Singapore, I have been induced with this idea of having no gun for citizens since young.

Kwek

Your irrational fear is more harmful than terrorism.

Man, I totally agree. The amount of fear we've all got now over terrorism is basically saying "you win, terrorists". Let's face it, not that many people do get killed by terrorists.

It's ----ing up our basic rights as citizens, too - such as I just heard on the news the UK gov are thinking of changing the amount of time you can hold someone (a terrorist suspect) without fair trial or reason to 42 days. And our freedom of speech, sure we don't want people preaching terrorism in the streets, but if we stop some people from saying what they want, where does it stop?

Bottom line, if someone was out looking to kill, he'd kill whether he had a gun or not. You can kill people with just about anything these days, and crazy people know this.

The thing that always really pisses me off about these types of situations is that these chicken---- cowards always end up shooting themselves as well. This ----er even had a suicide note. If you want to kill yourself fine, but it is atrocious that so many innocent victims had to go down with him, in an effort to "make everyone feel his pain". The worst part is you can't punish the guy for this activity. It makes me sick.

This could only happen in the US.

Gangs and blackmarket thugs do not normally hit shopping centers of packaged people without a reason or target, and are normally not a threat when guns are involved, more like bombs.

Banning guns would have stoped idiots like this kid. Look at the UK, guns are banned, and apart from in London (Which is Gang Central, with kids as young as 10 being involved) there has not been 1 shooting in the last while where the target has not been suspected of being involved, or owed money to a gang.

Also - Bobbies are packing in the UK, with 60% of police cars being equiped with a firearm of one type, and 80% of police cars being equipt with a Taser style weapon. They do just not "pack" in public.

Plus - They say that 1 in 40 people you pass in a busy street in the London area is carrying, yet 9 in 10 of those, are licensed (Unmarked/Plain Clothed, SS, etc.)

EDIT:

I should just add, that in all definative terms, this "kid" was not a terrorist, and should not be treated as one, he was sick and was able to abuse what can easily be got in America because he was mentaly unstable, if you would just check the people who are buying guns, this should never have been sold to him, and you could have avoided 8 deaths. So don't ban them, but at least keep a record of who brought a gun and carry out "metal" or grudge checks against the person buying, if they have a record, don't sell to them.

Last edited:
Banning guns would have stoped idiots like this kid. Look at the UK, guns are banned, and apart from in London (Which is Gang Central, with kids as young as 10 being involved) there has not been 1 shooting in the last while where the target has not been suspected of being involved, or owed money to a gang.
Please prove this.

This doesn't happen very often in Canada. Even school shootings aren't a regular occurrence.

This happens anywhere. You see it more in highly populated countries, such as the USA, just simply because of the numbers. I don't want to hear people saying it doesn't happen where they live, because guess what? It does.

Bottom line, dregs of society know no nationality.

This happens anywhere. You see it more in highly populated countries, such as the USA, just simply because of the numbers. I don't want to hear people saying it doesn't happen where they live, because guess what? It does.

Bottom line, dregs of society know no nationality.

But the real question we should be pondering is will Blank Man save us?

Bottom line, if someone was out looking to kill, he'd kill whether he had a gun or not. You can kill people with just about anything these days, and crazy people know this.
I addressed this in earlyer post,
you would have a hard time killing so many people so quick without a gun,
Like I said "Unless the movie was not lieing about batman, He really did return".
But in most other countries, 90% of the dregs of society can't get a gun
I agree.
I should just add, that in all definative terms, this "kid" was not a terrorist, and should not be treated as one,
Agree, I still think that it really matters how you where brought up to your views on guns etc.
Addressed allready
"In australia we have more issues with this type of things where guns are easy to get, in the country"

But your right banning guns in the USA is not going to work, Its been going on to long to clean up now..

Last edited:
If you want a gun, you'll get a gun. Simple as that. You guys are pretty naive to think otherwise. Gun control is not Gun elimination.

Back