• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Microsoft/Yahoo

This is why I continue to use google.

What is your reason?

Edit: You do know that Google tried to do the same thing, so are you telling me you're only saying this because it's Microsoft? ... Google is already a monopoly in Search and other things, it's the same way Microsoft is a monopoly in OS's and some other things. You can't hate one company for a stupid reason like it's Microsoft.

Last edited:
I've been using google since before it was cool. It's the simplest search engine IMO.

They don't have a monopoly because they've fought to the death for it, or by making it impossible to use other search engines... they have a monopoly because people naturally like them over others. Yahoo had the same situation before Google came along.

I use them once in awhile, but I use Google mainly because it's simple, not because it is the best. The results in Google are pretty ---- in comparison to what they were like years ago... it's mostly premium lists these days.

hope this brings something though, with both working together they might come up with some new ways to index better.

Werent they always partnered with each other when we were finally able to add MSN Contacts to Yahoo Messager and Yahoo Contacts to Windows Live Messenger?

Unless of course they do other things together, that would be rather cool. However, I like the Yahoo Website better then MSN.com :)

tbh no search engine does it for me, none find results I really really want, there is always a better page hidden away somewhere.

This was definitely a good move by both Microsoft and Yahoo, with Google holding the majority stake in the market this could pull a small amount of the market share back towards Microsoft and Yahoo. Smart move if you ask me..

What is your reason?

Edit: You do know that Google tried to do the same thing, so are you telling me you're only saying this because it's Microsoft? ... Google is already a monopoly in Search and other things, it's the same way Microsoft is a monopoly in OS's and some other things. You can't hate one company for a stupid reason like it's Microsoft.

I beg to differ. I can hate Microsoft for monopolizing. Why? Because it makes crappy products, and continues to do so, and they turn other products into crappy products.

Back