• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MP3 Hosting/Streaming

alley

Social Nutwork
NLC
I need a good host that will allow me to upload MP3 files (songs) via FTP so that I can remotely link to the uploaded MP3 files and stream them using a Flash media player that will be installed on another one of my websites (a local music website).

So basically I need a file host that will allow me to remote link and stream the MP3s.

WE are a small community currently so I think that 2GB of web space would be good to start with. I have heard that streaming media files consumes a lot of bandwdth so the more bandwidth I could get the better.

Please post offers so I can get an idea of how much this will cost me.

Thanks

Bonus:
Also it would be great if you could allow me to set up a php file upload script so that artists/bands could upload MP3 files for me to manually add to the Flash media player. I would need to be able to upload up to 5MB file size limit.

Last edited:
Can you explain better how you'll stream the mp3 files? We offer that service, but with the streaming server included (shoutcast).

I can give you a quote if you explain a little more ;)

Last edited:
You'll need a licence to do that, unless the mp3 files are not copyrighted. But yes, I can do that. Drop me a PM with all you need and we'll work something out

cool ...yeah the MP3s are of local unsigned bands so most of the songs will not be copyrighted. And I will have the artist's/band's consent to play them as listeners won't be able to download them anyways.

i can give u hosting if you need, premium bandwidth and space
drop me a pm if u want to see what specials i can offer

sure i can help you with that. Pm me with more info so i can set up a special account for you. and as far as the php upload program no problems there as well.

What do you belive your transfer needs will be?

tumble

We can offer you a VPS for music streaming. Our cost is not too much. Send a PM to me.. i'll let you know the offer.

CaribMedia.

I can offer you:

Disk Space: 2 GB
Disk Transfer: 15 GB
Sub Domains: Unlimited
Parked Domains: Unlimited
Add On Domains: Unlimited
MySQL Databases: Unlimited
PostgreSQL Databases: Unlimited

POP3/SMTP/IMAP
Your Own CGI-BIN
Virus Scanning