• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My domain registrar is down... What should I do?

Secret

Ok, I registered my domain in a registrar. Now this registrar (I think) somehow run away and leave the site in a mess (real mess). I can't change my domain's details (name server, owner details) at all. They never reply my email & support ticket. No phone number at all (and a fake phone number in whois result).

They posted on their site that they have been acquired by a new company. I tried to contact them (the company who acquired the registrar) but they keep telling me to use the support ticket (which they never read, I suspect).

Currently the domain is still "working" (but pointing to down name servers), I just can't point the domain to the new name servers.

Is there anything I can possibly do? or is there any way to transfer the domain into a new registrar? or to report them?

Thanks.

PS: I've waited for their respond for more than 2 days (which is not normal)

Last edited:
I think that in your situation the best and the only one way is try to transfer them somewhere. I have heard that some companies (eurodns.com for sure) do not charge for TLD extensions. So that might be the way to save domain names and some money

Ok, I registered my domain in a registrar. Now this registrar (I think) somehow run away and leave the site in a mess (real mess). I can't change my domain's details (name server, owner details) at all. They never reply my email & support ticket. No phone number at all (and a fake phone number in whois result).

They won't be a registrar, just a reseller which means the TLD controlling registrar will be able to help. What type of TLD is it?

They posted on their site that they have been acquired by a new company. I tried to contact them (the company who acquired the registrar) but they keep telling me to use the support ticket (which they never read, I suspect).

It could be true and will take the new owners some time to 'catch-up' on all support requests.

Currently the domain is still "working" (but pointing to down name servers), I just can't point the domain to the new name servers.

Is it pointing to the old companies NS entries or is there another reason possibly that the NS entries are not working?

Is there anything I can possibly do? or is there any way to transfer the domain into a new registrar? or to report them?

Thanks.

PS: I've waited for their respond for more than 2 days (which is not normal)

Yep - but we don't know the domain or 'registrar' to help any more, and 2 days isn't that long in reality.

DONT PANIC!

I only register my names through namecheap and domainsite! These 2 have shown me how reliable they are and are having a great support area! domainsite even sponsored one of my contests on one of my sites!

I think that in your situation the best and the only one way is try to transfer them somewhere. I have heard that some companies (eurodns.com for sure) do not charge for TLD extensions. So that might be the way to save domain names and some money
I read on their site that Eurodns.com don't charge for the transfer of generic domains only.

Back