• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.name

rainplanet

What do you guys think about .name domain? Is it good for personal blog? Who does offer the cheapest .name domain? Thanks for your info.

I don't like them. Too long/meaningless.

I don't like those ws domains either. I think that is going to flop. Think about all of those poor people they got to invest in that crappy domain.

I'll say it again ... .com people!
Be original and think of an original dot com domain

Thanks for your opinions guys.

Actually I happen to like ws domains and hope that it is getting more popular. It is good as it can stand for website.

.com is supposed to be for registered companies, obviously people say "yay I like .com, it's a good extenstion" and now we have a serious spam problem with it.

.name is supposed to be for personal solutions, like personal site and email address.

.ws is a ccTLD, but they have developed it into a business like site, and to be honest the marketing on them was pretty good last time I checked.

.name tld is good for personal websites and personal blogs. For other sites or for reselling purpose it not worth much.

The marketing can be the best in the World, but I still can't see that domain ever being a major contender. Fact is that if someone is looking for a website by domain alone they are always going to look for .com first, then .net, then .org, and after that maybe .us?

sEp said:
.ws is a ccTLD, but they have developed it into a business like site, and to be honest the marketing on them was pretty good last time I checked.

Back