• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

namezero gets pushy

ditterdi

After the e-mail I got some time ago (I posted it here) I got another one:

Don't Risk Losing

xxxxx.com

For Ever!

To continue to take advantage of your domain name (xxxxx.com) and domain-based email without interruption, you must renew your service with Namezero.

We are unable to renew your Namezero service for free, but for a special price of $19.95 we will both renew your service for a year and upgrade you to our PLUS service

Why not renew your Namezero service now to ensure that no one else registers your domain? This limited renewal offer expires soon. Act now before it's gone.

Thank you for your continued support.

The Namezero Team

(parts of this message have been left out)

Leo.

Remember, they have the "right" to modify their TOS at any given time without any notice. So they also have the right to change their services any time they want.

From a business point of view, you can't blame the guy for wanting to stuff your cash into their bank accounts.

I got that email... They said it was my last chance to register before the domain is gone.

I got about 10 of them.

Now it's gone. :(

You get some extra time!

Dear Leo,
Recently, Namezero sent you an expiration notice for your Namezero domain (xxxxx.com). Many of you responded with a request to extend the expiration date to allow time to mail in a check or money order. As a courtesy we are extending the disconnection date of your domain to June 6, 2001.

Leo.

I don't understand Namezero anymore... my domain is still working, altough I got a final warning if I didn't pay I would loose my domain... I don't want it anymore, I got my own now.
But a friend of me lost his domain from Namezero without any notice... I think Namezero has no idea how to handle their customers in a friendly way

When I signed up it was free, no mentioning of trial.
Only Namedemo made it clear that your free domain only would last for one year.

Leo.

yeah, when signed up, it was also mentioned as free, not for a trial... but in their TOS you could read that they have the rights to change this whenever they want to... and we all agreed with this... and now we see it: we're doomed :( take this advice: never sign up with namedemo or namezero if you want to keep your domain, because if you don't pay, you will loose it anyway

Back