• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a short term host

[CH]Josh

I am looking for a temporary, short term host for a client's store that I am designing.

I design on my local test server, but I do not have the means to make this public. That's the downside, because I need my clients to actually view the design and give feedback.

I need to be able to install Magento (an e-commerce script).

Here is what I need:

• Supported Operating Systems:
    • Linux x86, x86-64
  • Supported Web Servers:
    • Apache 1.3.x
    • Apache 2.0.x
    • Apache 2.2.x

• PHP Compatibility:
    • Required extensions:
      • PDO_MySQL
      • simplexml
      • mcrypt
      • hash
      • GD
      • DOM
      • iconv
      • curl
      • SOAP (if Webservices API is to be used)
    • Safe_mode off
    • Memory_limit no less than 256Mb (preferably 512)
  • MySQL:
    • 4.1.20 or newer
    • InnoDB storage engine
  • Server - hosting - setup:
  • Ability to run scheduled jobs (crontab) with PHP 5
  • Ability to override options in .htaccess files
I only need 1 MySQL Database. It is very important that all of the above requirements be met. Magento will not work otherwise. I have had a hard time finding a free host with the InnoDB storage engine enabled.

PHP must be 5.2, Magento does not work with 5.3

It is preferable to have cPanel access, as I am most familiar with that.

Again, I only need this for a short time. It will not use a lot of bandwidth or server resources, as only 4 people will be using it. I shouldn't need it for more than a month. It is only to get feedback on the design. I will contact the hoster when it is no longer needed and can be removed.

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently it has to be that EXACT version of PHP, 5.1.6 is not compatible with it either. My test install is giving errors, and I'll have to upgrade my server to 5.2 to use this.

Edit2: Okay. I did find out that 5.1.6 can be used to do it, but it will require the use of PHP CGI to correct the API libraries. I will continue testing it, since I've been meaning to try Magento as the basis for my own site's subscription signup.

My server does support this, so I will reinstate my offer.

Free Plan
1 Subdomain / domain
1 MySQL Database with innoDB enabled
5GB/month bandwidth
500MB storage
Virtualmin control panel
PHP 5.1.6, CGI, Perl
Single Banner Ad

Since this is for a temporary low-load application, I will allow it to be exempt from the normal ad requirement on my free plans. Just give a review when we're done to get the word out there about my service.

PM me or email seraphim -at- seraphimlabs *dot* net with your domain name or requested subdomain name and a contact email.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delayed response. Someone else contacted me personally and was able to provide what I needed. Thanks anyways.

hi all

i am working in a free lotto site wich member can win some prize and i am looking for a free cpanel hosting with this features:

2GB of disk space
5GB of bandwidth
5 mysql
5email account
safe mode is off
cronjob enabled
and all the standard features.

in return i can put a banner 46860 and a link back to your site. no post2host please

thanks for all

I need a cheap server for anime and manga...i only have 80 bucks...which i can spend..but mostlikly i wanna us like 30 for one month and thats bout it.. or maybe give me other ideas on what else i can do :p

Doolvehek and scolome, i can help you both out.
@Doolvehek,i can give you Cpanel with softaculous 500megabytes space, 5gb bandwidth and 5 of all other features in return for a banner on all your pages.

@scolome, if you don't mind using direct admin, i can do adult hosting for 30 bucks per month with a tiny banner on your pages(we can work out a deal via pm's if you're interested)

Plz note adult hosting server and regular cpanel hosting server are both separate servers with no over selling .

You both can pm me if interested.
Or you can follow my forum (link in my signature), to do the same Regards,
Aloycasmir

Last edited:
Back