• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need free hosting for high traffic website

aceismyfriend

Hello,

3 Months ago I started my very own file hosting service. Within months it became a huge success and today the website is receiving up to 5,000 unique visitors per day. Since the website became so big the website no longer suits the current webhost and needs to be moved. It is very urgent because today is probably going to be the last day it will be online and I could be losing a lot of returning visitors.

Here are some statistics:
Google Pagerank: 3
Alexa rank: 230,000

Unique visitors (daily): 200-5,000 (average 600, excluding downloads)
Bandwidth (daily): 7.5 GB
Hits (daily): 51,000
Registered users: 500
Files hosted: 3,000
Total size of those files: 12 GB

This website has huge potential and will soon be a goldmine, there is no advertisement on this website whatsoever but I'm willing to put advertisement on it for whoever can provide reliable hosting for it.

Oh, gawd. Why do people start free file hosting on free web hosting sites, and then request for something big to host them still for free?

Just follow marvin's advice....

~225 GB of bandwidth per month is quite a bit. Unless the host makes a bit off the advertisements, you're probably going to have to go paid or even get a small VPS for a site like that.

Oh, gawd. Why do people start free file hosting on free web hosting sites, and then request for something big to host them still for free?
Just follow marvin's advice....
Because N00bz just don't learn instruction where to put.
file hosting: download stuffs.
web hosting: websites fragments.

That's why we see so much of them claim lots of these type.

They'll also question why many other sites like download.com, filehippo.com they saw why can they've place to keep "download stuff" & "websites fragment" together? Because they don't even notice that those type of that sites are using vps/dedicated/colo not webhosting service.

Those already learnt would just find some filehosting & keep their file up there & link to their site nothing that hard. "Free stuff distributing sites" trend are so booming these days they think they can get a lot of ad clicks & traffics.:evilb:

Last edited:
some of you kids really cant read, I have a paid dedicated server however it is taking way too many resources. the website has a advertising value of approximately 300$ per month which is enough to cover the expenses for a new server.

some of you kids really cant read, I have a paid dedicated server however it is taking way too many resources. the website has a advertising value of approximately 300$ per month which is enough to cover the expenses for a new server.

You mentioned nowhere that you have a paid dedicated server. Rarely are those calculated advertising values correct, but if you think you'll make $300/month, then why not put ads up and buy a dedicated server yourself? Quit assuming we are all kids too, if you want to be hosted it's best not to insult people.

Perhaps you should take your own advice. And as mentioned before if you expect 300 a month for ads, then you can get a nice stable server for yourself that offers more then what you have now

Back