• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Provider For Small Weblog/Articles Site

Bongolation

Hi...

I really need a free webspace provider for a small, 99% text website of technical articles, reviews and commentary -- something similar to a weblog, but more organized and useful. No downloads, little if any graphics.

My wishlist:

Two or three megs of storage

No banners or popups.

Good bandwidth allowance in case the site becomes popular.

Stable service and stable conditions - no loading up with popups & ads in six months!

Servers preferably outside the US or EU.

I have no aversion to participating in a forum, within reason.

This should be pretty easy to find, huh?

Thanks for any help on this!

Last edited:
Why would you want a server outside of the US since they have the fastest connections and servers around?

We may be in a position to host you depending on your requirements.

Can you please be more specific?

You need a domain or sub domain hosting?

ivan@rtgasia.com

NetCafe said:
Why would you want a server outside of the US since they have the fastest connections and servers around?
That statement is a little broad and not entirely accurate ...

Our speed, performance, and reliability at Clubhost will run circles around
almost any server in the US and most certainly any other free host irregardless of their location and we aren't located in the U.S!

Just for trivia notes, Clubhost is operated out of British Columbia, Canada.

NetCafe said:
Very simply to have the provider be immune from the illegal and malicious SLAPP actions and "chilling" tactics that are becoming epidemic in North America and Europe against legitimate reviewers, journalists and bloggers.

It's getting ridiculous. There is pending federal legislation against it, but it's smarter just to go offshore in the meantime, which eliminates the problem entirely.

If the provider is in Ukraine, India, Brazil or wherever, the likelihood of him ever receiving a bullying C&D threat is about nil, and it would only be a source of amusement anyway.

Because the planned site is low-bandwidth text, slower throughput is not a large consideration as it would be if I were trying to, say, host streaming media or downloads.

You need a domain or sub domain hosting?
At this point, I'm not sure. Coding the site and other preparation will take a couple of months and I'm just trying to get the basic groundwork done now.

Thanks.

Back