• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Anti-Piracy Bill

If you're not in the US, you probably won't care much about this article... for now (it'll all carry over if the contraversy doesn't get too high I'd say). But you'll probably enjoy reading it anyway.

Read the article HERE.

For it or against it, is that even a relevant question anymore? It doesn't matter what side you choose, I think everyone will agree that it now being punishable by 10 years in prison is completely insane. Rapists in some cases serve less time than that. It has officially become less punishable for someone to sell drugs (non-repeat offenders) than it is to download something.

An interesting thing in the article is that it says 'The NET Act targets noncommercial piracy including posting copyrighted photos, videos or news articles on a Web site if the value exceeds $1,000'. So it'd be possible for your average joe to get arrested or sued for posting a picture of a DVD case for reviews purposes?

Your thoughts?

• Permits wiretaps in investigations of copyright crimes, trade secret theft and economic espionage. It would establish a new copyright unit inside the FBI and budgets $20 million on topics including creating "advanced tools of forensic science to investigate" copyright crimes.

I just paid $3.35 per gallon for gas. I spent that in Gas, to go to work, so I can sit and wait for more DMCA Violation Cease and Desist Letters that I get, all the time, for some j-off for hosting VBulletin in tgz format.

to get involved in intellectual-property theft," Gonzales said, adding that proceeds from the illicit businesses are used, "quite frankly, to fund terrorism activities."
So your kid that's hosting the nulled vbull is funding terrorism.
interesting concept... ha ha

Wojtek said:
So your kid that's hosting the nulled vbull is funding terrorism.
interesting concept... ha ha

The Bush administration will tie everything they talk about with terrorism. Once Bush was talking about helping needy kids and he went off track and ended up talking about Iraq and freedom and terrorism.

Bush will be gone on election day... as for that Bill, I have to agree it's strict but lame. What are they going to do, throw a 10 yr old kid in jail? If it was an adult I understand... but some kids these days, don't understand fraud or jail time etc....

3 words...

Thats Bull Sh*t!

Bull---- is one word.

The Bush administration will tie everything they talk about with terrorism. Once Bush was talking about helping needy kids and he went off track and ended up talking about Iraq and freedom and terrorism.

As for Bush, he has a terrorist fetish.

:topic:

hottweelz said:
I just paid $3.35 per gallon for gas. I spent that in Gas, to go to work, so I can sit and wait for more DMCA Violation Cease and Desist Letters that I get, all the time, for some j-off for hosting VBulletin in tgz format.

How much is a gallon in litres? because its about £1 for a litre here.

You sure? Because i just found this on wikipedia:
US liquid gallon is 231 in³ (exactly) or 128 fl oz (exactly) or 3.785411784 L
meaning we pay $6.80 / gallon.

Sorry for off-topicness :p

T.M. said:
You sure? Because i just found this on wikipedia:
US liquid gallon is 231 in³ (exactly) or 128 fl oz (exactly) or 3.785411784 L
meaning we pay $6.80 / gallon.

Sorry for off-topicness :p

You do indeed pay $6.80 a gallon. Your calculations are correct.

Back