• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New face, New offers, Free Hosting & Free Domain

wisenerl

Wise1host is back with a new design, we have changed our application system to rpevent mass abuse.

Our new site is at http://www.wise1host.co.uk

It looks quiet but our 400 or so existing clients should be along shortly to join the new site just launched today.

To celebrate we are offering a free domain to all for a small return of 50 posts on the forum. A small price to pay for a free domain and free hosting.

Here are our current plans:

PLAN A - 50MB space & 500MB Bandwidth
PLAN B - 250MB space & 2GB Bandwidth
PLAN C - 500MB space & 4GB Bandwidth
PLAN D - 1GB space & 10GB Bandwidth
PLAN E - Custom account exceeding above
Reseller - 2GB space and 10GB Bandwidth

The reseller plans are available from Monday when the new server should be ready.

Visit the site and see if its for you, if its not thanks for looking.

Regards

I'm not sure if I understand correctly this part (from ToS):
Any account that receives a free domain and is determined by us to have been abandonded will result in us being allowed to sell the entire site as a going concern including the domain, your agreement to this when signing up must be clear understood.
So, let's assume that:
- you give me hosting and register a domain for me
- after some time I stop updating my site for some reason
- you determine that's an abandoned site and you sell a domain you registered for me with the content of my site???

knives said:
I'm not sure if I understand correctly this part (from ToS):

So, let's assume that:
- you give me hosting and register a domain for me
- after some time I stop updating my site for some reason
- you determine that's an abandoned site and you sell a domain you registered for me with the content of my site???

I don't think that's what he meant about selling your content. He probably meant selling the domain and site space?

What we are saying is that if you abandon your site:

Dont access the control panel for 90 days, have not updated your content in the same period and we can contact you then we deem you to have abandoned the site.

If you are using your own domain we will simply delete the account and thats it.

However if the site was created around the free domain then we reserve the right to sell the site and its content with the domain if we can.

We dont expect this to happen and its simply a way in which we hope people will be encouraged to keep their contact details up to date so this does not happen.

The last thing we want is a lot sites on our servers that are serving no useful purpose.

Yahpoolerz said:
Hmmm...
Sounds good but your the only member, lol...

I joined as BPWorks

This is a new look for us, we have 392 members in total but the new vbulletin forum was only launched a few hours ago, our other members will start joining once I tell them the new site address.

Some may know us as W1H.org, thats where we used to have our site, but thats now pointing to the new site.

still dint understand this

However if the site was created around the free domain then we reserve the right to sell the site and its content with the domain if we can.

lee7997 said:
"Created around the free domain"? I'm not sure what that means either.

Anyway, I understand your reasons why you added such a requirement into ToS, but I still don't like it. It simply reminds me of dirty tricks people use to make you sign something you'll later regret.

In my opinion, you can sell something only when it's yours, or if you have express permission from the owner. And that's the way it should stay.

Well, as I said, it's only my opinion.
Good luck with your service.

Last edited:
I think created around the free domain means using the free domain provided by wise1host, instead of your own domain.

Anyway, are you really going to sell the site and its content?? Meaning if I post my art portfolio on my site, you're gonna sell that? I'm sorry if I misunderstood, but that sounds like an infringement of copyrights to me.

will you host more than one domain? do you require us to post to have hosting? do you pace ads on the sites? Ty.

All the info is on our site, I wont keep posting the same things here just visit the site and ask any questions there.

nah i registered there and it is working , but i dint get my account till now ,
so when i do get a account i wil give a feedback,and all the other people who could not register .please try again ,

Just a bit of feedback about this site - I applied for web space, got a response from the administrator that I needed to either make the 50 posts (in the web design forum only - scripting technique, helping other users, creating tutorials, etc) and apply for a free domain, or if I was only applying for web space, I already had to own a domain! This was NOT specified in their rules or qualifications, and rather than replying and confirming that not owning a domain disqualified me, they simply deleted my application thread and several others.

The whole thing smells a bit fishy; maybe they bit off more than they could chew. If you like the idea this site uses though, check here instead. No free dotcom (uses yourname.unrealpages.com), but no ads either! I applied for an account and was very promptly given one :cool2:

-Venoman

dang i dint knew that venoman , no wonder my application is lying there for 3 days now ,but i will still wait for them .

Back