• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New face, New offers, Free Hosting & Free Domain

Man, this looks awesome. The only problem is that to get the free domain you have to make 50 posts in the web development forum. I mean, I don't have ANY kind of problem with having to post 50 posts to get such a good offer, but I know absolutely nothing about web-development(I use portal software like PHP-NUKE instead of coding) so I dont think that what I post there will be useful... :sad2:

Yea i'm a memeber there also. ( well use to be ) for a website with so many servers the admins never come online. for the past 4 days i havent seen them online. to bad they got hacked.

a wise man once said
Website defacements are the one of the worst things you can do to help your cause... it's just stupid, requires little skill, and is usually immature, along the lines of "pwn3d hax."

Defacements by freedom fighters that use vicious satire and witty political repartee, now that I can live with

A wiser man would secure his servers so such stupid, low-skill hackers couldn't deface your website and possibly the websites of your clients. What's even funnier, is the site is STILL down, and the root dir is completely empty. No backups?

Avenger55 said:
A wiser man would secure his servers so such stupid, low-skill hackers couldn't deface your website and possibly the websites of your clients. What's even funnier, is the site is STILL down, and the root dir is completely empty. No backups?

ya i noticed that too , maybe they were not ready , they were trying to put up some servers , i hope my reseller request is still valid lol , if at all they made any backups ,which i seriously doubt now , or else they would have been up by now :p

Thank you for all your comments, the thing you have to remember is that the service is run my own time along side our main sites, our servers are perfectly secure but an unfortunate hole in one of the mods installed on vbulletin let them in.

We do have backups and everything is now up and running.

[Travis] said:
Yea i'm a memeber there also. ( well use to be ) for a website with so many servers the admins never come online. for the past 4 days i havent seen them online. to bad they got hacked.

Admins do not need to come online if there is nothing wrong. They have better things to do than hang about the forum.

Venoman said:
Just a bit of feedback about this site - I applied for web space, got a response from the administrator that I needed to either make the 50 posts (in the web design forum only - scripting technique, helping other users, creating tutorials, etc) and apply for a free domain, or if I was only applying for web space, I already had to own a domain! This was NOT specified in their rules or qualifications, and rather than replying and confirming that not owning a domain disqualified me, they simply deleted my application thread and several others.

The whole thing smells a bit fishy; maybe they bit off more than they could chew. If you like the idea this site uses though, check here instead. No free dotcom (uses yourname.unrealpages.com), but no ads either! I applied for an account and was very promptly given one :cool2:

-Venoman

Although the rules have changed since that time it was stated perfectly clearly what the terms were, the reason you were banned was simply that you did not take time to read the rules properly which stated everything you needed to know, banning users who constantly messaged us asking the same things was also stated in the rules, but you obviously missed that too!

lee7997 said:
Although the rules have changed since that time it was stated perfectly clearly what the terms were, the reason you were banned was simply that you did not take time to read the rules properly which stated everything you needed to know, banning users who constantly messaged us asking the same things was also stated in the rules, but you obviously missed that too!

it was a good host ,but the rules change discouraged me to go there again
the rules are very strict now compared to before ,but i am not complaining cuz they r giving it free ,and i always respect people who give free :p

anyway it was nice being there , thanks wisehost1

Back