• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Free Webspace Forums Theme?

M Bacon

Why did you guys remove the old free web space theme and why is your theme the default? Was the theme responsible for your forums getting hacked? I noticed that the main site is different now. Why not have a better theme for free web space.net/forums? Why not just buy a theme from a well known site or something and put it on the site so that you know that it will get updated? Just curious. I guess.

The theme you mention wasn't responsible for the hacking incident. We haven't used the theme since we didn't have the time to update that template with each new upgrade of vBulletin. It is possible that we will use it again though if we find the time to fix the changes.

If you have any suggestions for sites selling vbulletin themes, let me know.

The theme you mention wasn't responsible for the hacking incident. We haven't used the theme since we didn't have the time to update that template with each new upgrade of vBulletin. It is possible that we will use it again though if we find the time to fix the changes.

If you have any suggestions for sites selling vbulletin themes, let me know.

I like this site: http://vbskinworks.com/phpclient/browse_products.php?category_id=1

They update VBulletin skins all the time and offer many themes including a free one if you buy a theme from them. The updates are $10/per a year and the skins are very professional as well. I use them all the time for my VBulletin skinning needs.

I like more the traditional skin and I agree about template that is very annoying to take care of the updates.
I like what FWS has now. Lovely
Piece

The template wasn't hacked. As I said it wasn't a simple template so it was a lot of work when we had to update it after each upgrade of vBulletin. That's why it's not in use at this moment.

The template wasn't hacked. As I said it wasn't a simple template so it was a lot of work when we had to update it after each upgrade of vBulletin. That's why it's not in use at this moment.

I know that updates very often and you will need separate person for that

I hope the forum gets integrated with the new main site design.

I hope that every hacker in the world's fingers get crushed by a steam roller so that security updates don't HAVE to be made, so that template updates and modifications don't HAVE to occur. :tired2:

Themes are sometimes good to use but as Peo mentioned everyone one of them regardless of how complicated the code is has to be updated with each upgrade of vbulletin, and if you dont certain features may end up working incorrectly.

A lot of forums sites now a days simply go with a simple theme like freewebspace.net now uses so when the upgrade point comes there is not much work that is needed to be done.

Back