• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

no connection to internet after installing norton firewall

jason

i just installed norton firewall my girlfriends computer and now i can't access anything. IE won't load pages, aim won't connect, nor will liveupdate or anything else. has anyone run into this before? her computer also has norton antivirus and is connected via router. thanks

This is a fairly common problem if you are using Norton's firewall or even just the Internet Worm Protection involved in their anti-virus. What happens is a program triggers Norton to set off, and it disables all internet traffic for 30 minutes. Problem is, a lot of time it gets set off by mistake.

Without having it installed in front of me, I couldn't tell you exactly where you'd find the option, but you want to turn off "Autoblock" feature.

As a side note, the only Norton product I would recommend is their removal tool....

thanks. i've used norton firewall without any problems on my windows 2000 computer for years. the strange thing about this is that even when i disable the firewall, still nothing works. either way i've just removed it for now.

Back