• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

'Non-Overselling' Free Web Hosting - 200MB Storage, 5GB Bandwidth, No Ads

phprocks

Time and again we see web hosts offering monstrous amounts of disk space and bandwidth, for free - and it is evidently overselling.

I own 2 blogs (www.b3ns.com and www.ysomad.com) and I also provide free web hosting. You don't need to provide any link-backs or add my own advertisements to your site, but I'd appreciate a link-back to my main site (b3ns.com), but it's a request, not an obligation.

I provide 200MB storage, 5GB bandwidth and cPanel with Softaculous installed for conveniently installing WordPress, phpBB, SMF, etc. with a few clicks. 5GB should be fine for thousands of visitors a day. You can add your own advertisements if you want, and if you need more bandwidth at a later date you can contact me for a paid package.

For more information and to signup, see my website.

Time and again we see web hosts offering monstrous amounts of disk space and bandwidth, for free - and it is evidently overselling.

... You don't need to provide any link-backs or add my own advertisements to your site, but I'd appreciate a link-back to my main site (b3ns.com), but it's a request, not an obligation.

I provide 200MB storage, 5GB bandwidth and cPanel with Softaculous installed for conveniently installing WordPress, phpBB, SMF, etc. with a few clicks. 5GB should be fine for thousands of visitors a day. You can add your own advertisements if you want, and if you need more bandwidth at a later date you can contact me for a paid package.

For more information and to signup, see my website.

I suggest you consider two plans, so that users feel they have some choice. I believe 1GB is becoming the benchmark for free hosting. You can require linkback at that level if you like, and then that differentiates the plans.

I suggest you consider two plans, so that users feel they have some choice. I believe 1GB is becoming the benchmark for free hosting. You can require linkback at that level if you like, and then that differentiates the plans.

Whoever needs 1GB of disk space obviously needs paid web hosting. If you use more than 200MB of disk space, you obviously either, a) have a big website or b) using the web hosting space for storage. I'm not targeting either. For most people, 200MB disk space should be fine. I may agree on the bandwidth if it was less than 5GB, but disk space I don't think is much of an issue.

No my friend, I suggest you check your links of reseller hierarchy and the market. 1GB is close to the new standard, and I felt even that was conservative from the 2-3-5 gig plans now appearing next to you on the free board!

Websites aren't built like they were in 1999 with three pictures of cats. Windows is telling me that I have 765 megs of data on my small site through its various versions even though the current front page was just stripped down to be small for mobile.

But looked from another angle, are you a very young entrepreneur? 200 Megs? Something just rings hollow with that. I have a five year old 1.76 Terabyte project machine on my desk, and the only reason I'm not a host is a mix of not having a T1/whatever line and zero technical skills. So seeing an offer for 200 megs feels like you're going through five levels of reselling for it to shrink that low.

Last edited:
I've been a user of Free Website space for three years now. I'd say TaoPhoenix's suggestion for a plan with different options is a good one. What you could do is have a Basic Plan with an offer for 200MB that everyone who needs Free Website space would start off with, then have a next step like 600MB if the person has proven that he needs that space, and then 1GB. The latter two packages would be by application. You're right, not everyone needs 1GB, 200MB may be more than ample for beginners, but 1GB does seem to have become a bench mark for Free Website space, so by having different options you could cover the market norm and still stick with the basic 200MB as well. I remember when I first started looking for Free Website space that I did not have a clue how much space 200MB was. When I looked at offers for 1GB I thought 200MB must be for a baby Website. So by layering the offer in three options by the time a beginner has his Website up, he may soon realize that even 150MB is enough for him and he does not need to ask for more space. However, if there had not been an option for 1GB, he may not have subscribed at all.
:)

I consider not calling it non oversold hosting as you are not selling hosting.

Back