• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Overview Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berne

Hi All,

As a newbie to this site I wonder is there a simple link within it that could advise on the best option for an online host, below is my position.

1. I want 5GB of storage space.
2. I want the best security possible, advise $ and free please.
3. What is the best backup policy available with 2.
4. Advise on file security from my hardrive via ISP via open net transmission via my hosts server.
5. Is there a watchdog section available who could give me a quick answer, if I supplied a few host names as to their integrity, or reputation.

I see this is a superb website.

Regards,

Berne...

:D Welcome to the forums.
The first thing I'd like to say is that you posted in the wrong forum. This should be posted in the Payed Hosting fourm.

1: I can get you 5GB of space and 125GB transfer for $11.85/month
2: ^
3: What exacly do you mean by "available with 2."?
4: I've never come to a time where someone "stole" my files while uploading them
5: --

Overview

Not really the wrong site as my inquiry referred to free as well as paid but I note your point.

At your offer my other three are good.

On 2 I meant point 2, what should I look for in good backup policy eg. what questions should I ask the host company in order to evaluate an excellent security package?

You feel security is excellent with all webhosts, from your hardrive to hosts server?

How do you feel about the watchdog issue, I see you inserted the --, I am unfamiliar as to what this means in this site?

Berne...

Well. Weekly backups are good, but i will explain how to check that they are taking backups.

If this host gives a 7 or 14 day money back Guarantee ask them to give you a backup from 2 days ago. If they cannot provide this, take the money back and run!

Most hosts can offer 5GB's space and 100GB's bandwidth for about $10. But if your looking for offers;

+ cPanel Powered
+ 5 GB's DiskSpace
+ 100 GB's Bandwidth
+ Unlimited Features
+ 24/7 Support
+ Daily Backups
+ Domain(s) for only $4.99 (Normal Price: $8.99)
+ 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
+ 7-day Money Back Guarantee

For only $12.50/month

For more information please see: http://hosting-shack.net/shared.html

Spiked Hosting can offer the following:

Spiked Hosting Custom Package
==============================
Webspace: 5000 MB
Bandwidth: 100 GB
Price: $44.95/mo
==============================
Features
+ Unlimited MySQL Databases
+ Unlimited Subdomains
+ Unlimited Email Addresses
+ Unlimited Addon and Parked Domains
+ cPanel and Fantastico
+ MySQL, PHP, CGI, and 100+ automatic scripts!

We currently have Live Support along with our Support Board! (Why so expensive? You know we'll be there tomorrow!)

I get the impression Berne wants help rather than offers at this stage guys.

On 2 I meant point 2, what should I look for in good backup policy eg. what questions should I ask the host company in order to evaluate an excellent security package?
Budget hosts don't typically offer daily backups. For 5GB of space with regular backups you are looking at a minimum of $40 per month from a reliable host. :)

Hello Berne,

We are currently running a 25% off offer on all our packages.

King Kong Package
5GB Space
75GB Bandwidth
cPanel control panel and Fantastico Deluxe script installer.
Multi-Format Support (PHP, GD, Python, Perl, FrontPage Ext, CGI and more!)
No Limits Hosting! (Unlimited Emails, MySQL databases, sub-domains, add-on domains, FTP accounts and more!)
Weekly backups to a remote server
99.9% uptime guarantee
30 day money back guarantee

Only $7.50/£4.32 a month

Enter the promotional code: get25off
Receive 25% off every month you are with us!

Click here to visit our website.
Click here to talk to us.

How can you people offer so much, for so little? No matter how much I crunch numbers, it's just not really possible to make any real gain.

Don't worry about comparing yourself to hosts that have only been around a few of months and have super low prices Kommercial, they tend to disappear within a few more months along with their customer's sites and money. Look at hosts that have been around a year or more and have a good business plan. :)

I am a successful business man dedicated to giving my customers the best possible service and value, having many very satisfied customers.

Being so unprofessional and making derogatory comments about other companies only does yourself harm. Perhaps you would like to take advantage of our offer and take out a package yourself so that you can experience the quality of the service we provide.

MWH-Jon said:
I am a successful business man dedicated to giving my customers the best possible service and value, having many very satisfied customers.

Being so unprofessional and making derogatory comments about other companies only does yourself harm. Perhaps you would like to take advantage of our offer and take out a package yourself so that you can experience the quality of the service we provide.

Who was talking derogatory? I asked a question, he answered it, and by what I've taken he is saying, that most that oversell, don't last more than a month or two. If you're successful, great, but the majority that oversell aren't.

Being so unprofessional and making derogatory comments about other companies only does yourself harm.
My post was general, not directed towards your hosting company. I apologize if you took it to be offensive, but it is a fact that most host startups disappear after a few months (just to cover myself here, I am in no way suggesting you will disappear, once again a general statement). :)

by what I've taken he is saying, that most that oversell, don't last more than a month or two. If you're successful, great, but the majority that oversell aren't.
Just to clarify, overselling itself is not a bad thing when done properly. Problems arise when hosts start to buy cheap servers and heavily oversell them to compete in the ultra budget market. :)

Kommercial said:
How can you people offer so much, for so little? No matter how much I crunch numbers, it's just not really possible to make any real gain.

Don't worry about this. I may share my personal experience with you. When we make any offer, some people choose another hosting company because they call they need lower prices. Naturally, we do not lower our prices and these people go with other host. And about 65-70% of those people come back to us within 2 months because they get tired of cheap hosting.

So just relax and allow kids to make their offers, because people will come back to you shortly

TJR Networks said:
I get the impression Berne wants help rather than offers at this stage guys.

Budget hosts don't typically offer daily backups. For 5GB of space with regular backups you are looking at a minimum of $40 per month from a reliable host. :)

Ans: Hey guys excuse my error, My proposed website will only be three pages max and personal promotion only. In addition I will be looking for a space of 5GB for storage only. Sorry to mislead.

Berne...:confused4

Error

Berne said:
Hi All,

As a newbie to this site I wonder is there a simple link within it that could advise on the best option for an online host, below is my position.

1. I want 5GB of storage space.
2. I want the best security possible, advise $ and free please.
3. What is the best backup policy available with 2.
4. Advise on file security from my hardrive via ISP via open net transmission via my hosts server.
5. Is there a watchdog section available who could give me a quick answer, if I supplied a few host names as to their integrity, or reputation.

I see this is a superb website.

Regards,

Berne...

Hey Guys,

Sorry I mislead you all, I only need three pages for a personal web page, a company who can also give weekly backup with 5GB of stroage also. Free .com domain if possible too.

Berne...

Well. Our special hosting offers are over. But if your only hosting a personal site you should not need 5GB's. 1GB is will way to much :)

But all our hosting packages come with a domain at: $4.99 for the next 2 days only. If you wish to check our response times, send an email to: sales@hosting0shack.net.

HS-Advanced

+ cPanel Powered
+ 5 GB's DiskSpace
+ 100 GB's Bandwidth
+ Unlimited Features
+ Daily Backups

For only $25.99

Quote from our homepage:
Why should you choose us for hosting? And why are our prices slightly higher? Well the answer to both questions is because you know we will be here tommorow.

If you still need extra security, we offer dedicated IP's at $5/month

Regards,
Richard@hosting-shack.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back