• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Please help me guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolly

I was looking for 2 dedicated servers as I recently posted on forums.
I finaly agreed to offer of a company.

I paid him 450$ for first server on saturday early morning GMT.

Now, my paypal acct. history says that the transaction is complete, you have sent the payment.
But the company man says that paypal is not releasing money, and its yet on hold by paypal, so he cannot release my server.
He is not even replying me properly now. I keep on asking him about status, and he just says "Paypal has put money on hold, I talked to them before, now am awaiting their call, they'll call tomorrow morning or tonight." - he is repeating this from past 2 days.

1. If paypal has put money in his account on hold, and debted money from my account and shows me the transaction complete status, then its damn obvious that its a problem with his account.
So, why on earth would I be devoid of the service I paid for ?

2. I myself went to call paypal, I talked to their agent, and he said - "No, we havent put that payment on hold. We have recieved money from you, and reelased it to HIS acct." Now, what do I do ?

I have time and again asked that company's man to himself call and ask paypal. But he is struck here - "Paypal has put money on hold, I talked to them before, now am awaiting their call, they'll call tomorrow morning or tonight."

Please help me guys, please suggest me what to do ?
And I made him very clear before signup that I need the machine in 24-36 hrs to max, or I'll lose the client for whose contract am getting the machine. Now, its over 72 hrs and he is talking abt another "tomorrow morning."

I must tell you all hosting companies, this sort of attitude will make you lose loadza business from 2nd and 3rd world countries.
Anyways, any sugestions what should I do ?
If I do not get this sorted, I'll be screwed and ruined up.
Helpppp ???

Ok, he is a member from here.
But, I do not want to name in public, because he might be true and the support guy at paypal telephone support might have mistakenly given me the wromg info. Also, I cannot afford to mess with that guy, because I have paid him a good amount and can't afford to lose that.
Moreover, I need the server asap, or I'll lose the client.
So, I feel like waiting for a day more, maybe.
Also, I know if i get the machine, then I'll be needing much support from him in future.
But,, whats frustrating me is that now the guy has even stopped answering to my polite requests "Please give me an update, sir".
And, one thing that I don't understand is even if he is true, and its a problem with his acct., then why am I devoid of machine.

I started this thread just to get an idea that can I do anything, if I lose money/client due to this.
He promised to give me machine by max. 12 hrs, though he added that to the max. it could br 72 hrs, but that won't happen.
And its more than full 4 days now, and client is about to break the deal with me. Then, even if I get the server, it won't be of any use to me.

To conclude, whats frustrating me atm is unsupportive, rude and unpro attitude of a so called established hosting company.

@Jan, I'll pm you his name.

Thanks all.

Thanks, I have given him 12 hours to get this resolved before posting his name in this thread. Until then he is banned from the forum. Please update when you have some more news :)

Edit: Moved to dedi hosting discussion.

Jan said:
Thanks, I have given him 12 hours to get this resolved before posting his name in this thread. Until then he is banned from the forum. Please update when you have some more news :)

Edit: Moved to dedi hosting discussion.
Thanks Jan, I hope such a step won't make him annoyed over me.

Edit:
I am more interested in getting the machine I ordered quickly than any refund etc.

Anyways, I must say support@FWS just rox.
Cheers to FWS

Last edited:
rolly said:
Thanks Jan, I hope such a step won't make him annoyed over me.
Don't worry too much about that, you have done no wrong. If he gets annoyed, that will show his true character and you can probably kiss your money and server goodbye anyway. He has stalled too long to hold out too many hopes, so don't get your hopes up too high.

Jan said:
Don't worry too much about that, you have done no wrong. If he gets annoyed, that will show his true character and you can probably kiss your money and server goodbye anyway. He has stalled too long to hold out too many hopes, so don't get your hopes up too high.
Well, Jan is their any way I can get my money back if he is not to provide me with the servers ? Am like just sitting biting my nails, if I lose this money I'll be kindof totally destroyed. :crying

Definitely need to make others aware if they are scamming people out of money. Especially when it comes to 300.00+. I'd put in a fraud claim with Paypal immediately and request your money back for items not received. Delivery time was promised within a certain time frame, he didn't meet it.

Well, he just contacted me, and offered me a temporary machine till his issues with paypal are resolved. That makes it sure that he is certainly not running away with my money, lol, though I am do feeling bad that I am being delayed for my product instead of the fact that I paid on time, he can see that I paid and paypal has issues with his account, not mine.
Anyways, all's well that ends well.

And he said that he answerd my queries via messenger for 36 hrs, because there IM services were down due to staff training, and I should have preferred email since their compny uses IMs only for pre-sales support, not for the existing clients.

Anyways, I guess its all getting fine now, am planning to order a 2nd server from him tomorrow. Trust builds businesses.

And at last, thanks a lot to this wonderful community at FWS, with so responsible and helpful moderators and members.
Special thanks to you Jan.

Cheers

ecsportal said:
Definitely need to make others aware if they are scamming people out of money. Especially when it comes to 300.00+. I'd put in a fraud claim with Paypal immediately and request your money back for items not received. Delivery time was promised within a certain time frame, he didn't meet it.
Yeah, he didnt meet time delivery time and that also due to problems at his end, still after he talked to me and explained the paypal issue at his end, I would like to continue business dealings with him in future too.
Trust and tolerance builds relations, and relations make long lasting business deals.

So, no grudges against anybody atleast for now.
Cheers all.

paypal

rolly said:
Well, Jan is their any way I can get my money back if he is not to provide me with the servers ? Am like just sitting biting my nails, if I lose this money I'll be kindof totally destroyed. :crying

This was a while back where someone done me wrong, I went
to paypal to get a refund, and paypal denied the refund saying
his account was closed... but that is something you need to
work out with paypal and the bad guy.

although I do have to say, its not easy to run away with the money,
these days, even with a closed bank account, a resversle from paypal
would just open the account back up again, and your refund would be
applied back to your account, years ago, once you closed an account,
it was closed...now if you close account, chargebacks will open the account back up..

Last edited:
rolly said:
Anyways, I guess its all getting fine now, am planning to order a 2nd server from him tomorrow. Trust builds businesses.
I wouldn't advise ordering another one from him. Trust builds business you say, but so far he hasn't earned that trust. You might have a temporary solution for your previous server, but that is still not what you ordered.

It appears he came forward with a temp solution because he didn't want to be named or because he wants his account reinstated (or both). Order your next server from one of the big guys with a good reputation ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back