• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

pls guide: Dedicated & reseller

NONO

it's a stupid question, pls ppl guide me, what's meaning :
:confused: Dedicated Hosting/Servers & reseller package..... , etc. :p

I've read some post here, but I still don't understand what's that. please guide me a way & basic idea.

thanks !

Sure:
Dedicated: A computer that you rent (basically) to be a server. It's all yours to do what you want with. You pay for the server and Bandwidth.

Reseller: Space on someone elses server that you can then resell to other people.

Basically, there are several kinds of dedicated server. The most two common are unmanaged and managed. Unmanaged servers are those you have to take care and manage the server, security patches, being responsibility when the server is compromised. Managed server are someone else taking care of the server, like those guys in the datacenter, they do server patching, maybe optimizing and tuning if it's needed.

Dedicated server normally comes more expensive than a reseller packages, in return you will get much more bandwidth than a reseller package.

Reseller package is a kind of hosting that is offered by a dedicated server renter (or colocater) who seperate down the system specs and resell it. You don't have to take care the server, someone else does. You're paying an amount of money every month to get the access to create and reseller the services to the end consumer.

Thank you for all messages. :) and
sorry for my delayed reply because I didn't receive the notification e-mail from forum(oh, my subscribe failed often to nofity me neither when people reply the thread that I subscribed but get no notification e-mail), hence I didn't know there're more new posts here.

ok, now on the topic, after reading your msgs, I think I understand more about them both. so, if one has a dedicated host then can supply any hosting plans? :confused:

thanks a lot!

Yea, I work for InterQuad Communications, and I'm sure we could help you out. Just take a look at the site (Interquad.net), and let me know via any of the contact details below if you want more information or are just wondering. Also, just let me know, I may be able to work out a deal just for you. :) I'll also help you with any questions you'll need answered.

Once again, the URL to our plans is: http://interquad.net/dedicated.html, and if you need anything, please let me know.

Looking forward to doing business with you!

Back