• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

POLL: Adfree or Post 2 Host- The debate

Ad free or Post 2 Host.

• Ad Free

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Post 2 Host

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
With Recent threads here on FWS bashing the post 2 host (p2h) method of providing a free hosting service.

I wanted to post a poll and get some feedback from free hosting users, staff and admins. what your opinions??

EDIT: forum would not let me post poll in this forum area.
FWS staff please add poll, [title] Ad free or Post 2 Host. [1] Ad free [2] Post 2 Host

Last edited:
Well ad free post to host is the same usually people want add fre but dont want to post. We need to get some $$ in return so its usually done by ad rev. I think the other option should be ads on there site.

I just don't understand how people can expect to get ad-free hosting and don't want to do posts.
I personally am a solid believer of the P2H method because it generates (or has the potential to) more revenue than even hundreds of personal sites and gives the user peace of mind, to take total control over his or her hosting account, get a good service, and not have to worry about annoying ads.
My view is of course biased. :p

Post to hosting is probably the best deal out there. You can't get something for nothing...it's just impossible. In post to hosting you put a little bit of time in, and you get hosting in return

problem with post to hosts is they usually charge a MONTHLY fee. users can't always make enough posts to sustain each month of hosting. However there are a few post to hosts out there (mine included), that are 1-time. You post a 1-time fee and keep your account for life!

Department of "What is the question?"

Re: Post2Host, what exactly are providers hoping to gain? That we users click on ads on the central forum, simply because while posting we're staring at them?

What about skipping that entirely and just having a system where the user just clicks at ads? Find a feeder that tells he user when new ads are available, and do the "saturation" thing by requiring a click on that ad on two different days.

The web is maturing, and users are past "wasting" time with Lolcats and the glorious old memes. (Nostalgia not included). So if you just want ad exposure, let's turbocharge that.

If X company somehow thinks that its posts are worth something, find a way to export them. The better the post, the more likely it's a significant thought in the user's "portfolio of thoughts", and they'd like to modify it for all their favorite forums.

I feel particularly abused when a P2H server goes down, because then those posts (and the time it took!) go away, leading to an ultimate waste of time.

Perhaps providing both free and paid hosting could be a compromise, but then for your free clients, perhaps a link back, or ads would be the best answer IMHO.

Re: Post2Host, what exactly are providers hoping to gain? That we users click on ads on the central forum, simply because while posting we're staring at them?

What about skipping that entirely and just having a system where the user just clicks at ads? Find a feeder that tells he user when new ads are available, and do the "saturation" thing by requiring a click on that ad on two different days.

The web is maturing, and users are past "wasting" time with Lolcats and the glorious old memes. (Nostalgia not included). So if you just want ad exposure, let's turbocharge that.

If X company somehow thinks that its posts are worth something, find a way to export them. The better the post, the more likely it's a significant thought in the user's "portfolio of thoughts", and they'd like to modify it for all their favorite forums.

I feel particularly abused when a P2H server goes down, because then those posts (and the time it took!) go away, leading to an ultimate waste of time.

well telling somebody to click on ads is illegal (for most ad providors). and besides it's nice having a community of people on a forum..where there is always somebody talk to, ask for help, etc

I do a mix of Free, ads and post 4 host to diversify my offerings. Obviously free is the most popular package, but building a community is great too.

I am finding the best way to run a free host is to offer good features, but to also have solid limits as well. In conjunction with a high-paying hosting affiliate partner, this strategy can be quite profitable! Best of all, it requires no P2H and no ads on user pages. So far, it has been sustainable for me as well. It has taken several tries to get the right business model down (I have taken the funds and knowledge I accrue each time I sell a free host and put them back to work in the next venture), but this is what a working one is starting to look like for me.

Hehe sadly I think you'll find thats against the TOS of most advertisers.

If me I'd run "4 of a kinds":
instant activation adfree package: xxmb~xgb/x~xxgb small offer but not too small like stupid offer.
adsupport package: xxgb/xxgb~xxxgb Good offer for exchange ads on their sites.
adfree+post4host package: x~xxgb/xxxgb~xtb Good offer for exchange post activity.
paid package: Run this one at least some of them will buy it.

What you'll gain?
- Traffic+$$$+fame+ what's more?
- Donating from users who satisfy your host that live in free packages.
- You can gain ads click on your site in addition you can gain ad supported package from users who choose this package.
- Your forums will be crowded by acitvity from p4host zone.
- You'll satisfy most type of users because you give 4 card so they can choose what cards they like.
- Gain all what you do you gain profit than loose. If you run only 1 you get only 1.
- You'll burn space & BW more reasonably.
- If you've paid package they can decide to move to your paid package without moved to other paid host.
- You can't say yourself that you don't get anything return because you've other packages for profit.
- Everything will be looping as:
**If you want more quota you can choose ad-supported,post,paid.
**If you can't stand post4host you can go ad-supported packages.
**If you not ready for paid packages you can stay at instant adfree,ad supported,post.
**If you're weak at other 3 package but your site that quality you'll get addtion free bonus of space & BW.
**If you don't need any of these package there won't be any host can satisfy you that anymore than VPS. :shame:

Have heart, spade, clover, diamond cover everything why don't do it? If you willing to do webhosting industry for profit. Options is most important to attrach users. What they blame you about is that what you missing if you notice it. That's the basic rule of "demand" & "supply". You've to learn about "psychology arts" you'll know how to make user happy with your host.

+1 to that.

Isn't the whole purpose of Post2Host to make the host grow enough that revenue is gained through advertisements on the host's own website as apposed to on the client's website?

I'm not too sure really.

I have to say I find it unlikely people would make much off the websites of their clients. If your clients had a good ad income surely they would just pay for hosting? So yep, i would say you're right.

Forced ads is never acceptable. The client have no control over what ads are viewed to he/she's page. Post for hosting is a concept I like much better or link back... maybe the best option. And i think the most fair one to beside to post for hosting.

Forced ads is never acceptable. The client have no control over what ads are viewed to he/she's page. Post for hosting is a concept I like much better or link back... maybe the best option. And i think the most fair one to beside to post for hosting.

The client shouldn't have control over what ads are shown. If google ads are used, then no Adult Sites will be shown.

[UW]Glenn;1057127 said:
Isn't the whole purpose of Post2Host to make the host grow enough that revenue is gained through advertisements on the host's own website as apposed to on the client's website?

That's what I would have thought.

If I was still using free hosting, I would expect ads of some sort on the site. I wouldn't have the time for posting x amount of posts per day to help grow a site that might close down soon anyway :S

To add a comment, with the current economic climate of all doom and gloom, Im not sure it would be a good idea to start a free hosting provider which relies on advertisements as main source of revenue.
Over the last 4-6 months I have seen revenues fall with companies cutting back on their advertising budgets.
Which annoys me in more ways than one, PPC rates are dropping fast!

Im almost certain that us at SR are not the only hosting providers who are suffering from this.

Back