• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

POLL: Adfree or Post 2 Host- The debate

Ad free or Post 2 Host.

• Ad Free

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Post 2 Host

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
To add a comment, with the current economic climate of all doom and gloom, Im not sure it would be a good idea to start a free hosting provider which relies on advertisements as main source of revenue.
Over the last 4-6 months I have seen revenues fall with companies cutting back on their advertising budgets.
Which annoys me in more ways than one, PPC rates are dropping fast!

Im almost certain that us at SR are not the only hosting providers who are suffering from this.

With the USB vs GBP, it has affected me quite a bit. Things used to be 2-1, since the currency exchange rates being affected, I've had to pay more however I'm also making less in revenue as well due to the currency exchange rates. (As most of these sites usually pay in USD and my server bills are also in USD also)

With the USB vs GBP, it has affected me quite a bit. Things used to be 2-1, since the currency exchange rates being affected, I've had to pay more however I'm also making less in revenue as well due to the currency exchange rates. (As most of these sites usually pay in USD and my server bills are also in USD also)

Erm, but if you're payed in USD to GBP you get more now. It was sitting at around 2.0 a while back, now it's around 1.4, which oc means that payments In USD is worth a fair bit more than it was a year or two ago. If you're using USD pay to support US hosting, the end result should be the same unless figures themselves have changed.

Erm, but if you're payed in USD to GBP you get more now. It was sitting at around 2.0 a while back, now it's around 1.4, which oc means that payments In USD is worth a fair bit more than it was a year or two ago. If you're using USD pay to support US hosting, the end result should be the same unless figures themselves have changed.

I make my own money through GBP and pay in USD, meaning I pay more.

Back